SCHOOL BUS -I.V.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Friday, I found the school buses for Illinois Valley Central, here in Chillicothe, had replaced the VHF radios with Digital ones.
How do I go about finding where they can now be heard? Thank You for your time.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
remedy44: thank you for the info but afraid that is the old frequencies. I am going to assume they will go with Supreme Radio out of East Peoria as a digital trunk system. I set them up on one of the scanners and turned ID SEARCH off. Hopefully Monday I will hear some chatter from them. Hope the weather is good up your way. Last few days have been pretty nice here. Finally no rain. We had water in the family room so a little heat is not all that bad. Well thanks again for the info. Appreciate your trying to help point me the right direction.

VASCAR2

The FCC License show emission designator 7K60FXE, 2 slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA Voice. You’ll need a DMR capable scanner to hear them. This could be the same frequency VHF but using DMR on the same frequency instead of analog. The FCC license in the link shows UHF frequencies. I wonder with the number of mobile frequencies if some frequencies will be used as hand held radios in the buildings and other frequencies for buses.

Base Frequencies, 451.45000, 452,72500

Mobile Frequencies, 452.51250, 452.63750, 452.76250, 456.4500,457.51250,457.72500, 457.76250

Last edited:

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Friday, I found the school buses for Illinois Valley Central, here in Chillicothe, had replaced the VHF radios with Digital ones.
How do I go about finding where they can now be heard? Thank You for your time.
FWIW, the Radio Reference database shows 452.725 (D351) as the district's bus repeater. The license shows the analog repeater's location as IVC High School. No mention of a VHF channel in the database or the wiki.

The other repeater on the license (451.450) is shown as being DMR and located at Mossville Junior High and Elementary School.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I found buses will transmit on 457.725 / receive on 452.725. Supreme Radio Communications did the install of all radios into the buses.
I know the color code & TG . How do I use this information to hear the buses? In the past R.R. has always listed the dmr depts for me then I simply use Butel/AR536pro software to install the info into the scanners

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I have played around and put some stuff together. Tomorrow I will see if the scanner hears the dispatcher/buses. If so we can share the info to R.R. If not, back to square one

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I found buses will transmit on 457.725 / receive on 452.725. Supreme Radio Communications did the install of all radios into the buses.
I know the color code & TG . How do I use this information to hear the buses? In the past R.R. has always listed the dmr depts for me then I simply use Butel/AR536pro software to install the info into the scanners
Good to hear! Do you also have the time slot? If you haven't done so yet, would you mind submitting the DMR information to Radio Reference so the database can be updated? Thanks!

llwade

Premium Subscriber
kevino: please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is the "time slot" and do I need it to get the job done?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
kevino: please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is the "time slot" and do I need it to get the job done?
DMR repeaters have two time slots, meaning that two different talkgroups could be active on a repeater at the same time. You would program the frequency as you would normally, then when you hear DMR traffic, make note of the color code, talkgroup (both of which you already have) and slot information in your scanner's display. Having all this information is helpful when submitting DMR information to Radio Reference. As mentioned above, there might be other talkgroups active on the repeater as well. The buses could use a second talkgroup as an alternate or emergency channel. The school district might also have a talkgroup for district-wide operations like maintenance. As long as it isn't on the same time slot as the main bus channel, there won't be any potential for busy "bonk" signals when the buses or base try to use their talkgroup.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I put the info together and installed it into the scanner. I went out to the bus garage and gave a test count. Unfortunately, the scanner was quiet
Oh well, back to square one.....

llwade

Premium Subscriber
OK! here is what was given to me: receive=452.725, send=457.725, color code=8, talkgroup = 1001
The installer of the digital radios was Supreme Radio Communications. What other information is needed.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
OK! here is what was given to me: receive=452.725, send=457.725, color code=8, talkgroup = 1001
The installer of the digital radios was Supreme Radio Communications. What other information is needed.

Program as a DMR One Frequency Trunk system, and you'll catch Radio ID's as well as any unknown talkgroups (ID Search).

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I tried but it didnot work for me. I checked a couple U-tube sites but they talked so fast I got lost. If its fairly simple, could you give me a step by step. thank you for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.