School Frequencies??

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rayjk110

If you were able to HOLD a radio and get its SERIAL #, surely you had a scanner next to it to get the frequency, right???

dgoodson

Feed Provider
My school systrem uses 453.xxx in a simplex fashion. Every school in the county uses same frequency. The radios are definitely low power. Unless you are within about a city block, two at the most, you don't hear a thing.

Chev_am

Rayjk110 said:
If you were able to HOLD a radio and get its SERIAL #, surely you had a scanner next to it to get the frequency, right???

I didn't hold it. I asked one of the admin to take the battery cover off.

cristisphoto

W4KRR said:
It's doubtful that they're encrypted. If you have a scanner that has Close Call, such as the Bearcat BC246T, BCD396T, BR330T, or a few others, you can set this feature and you should have their frequency as soon as they transmit, assuming you're at the school at the time and reasonably close to them.

OOH I wouldn't do that
Pedos Abductors,etc
And that incident in Baliey,CO
Yeah Bad Idea,
VERY Bad idea
FYI
I would say stick withi the listins from the FCC etc

Good Luck
Crista

maddogdecker

I looked over this thread real quick, see if anybody around you have a frequency counter and just have someone from the school to hold the mic key in for ya. Or use the close call on a scanner would work too.

Chev_am

The only Frequency Counters i've ever seen are sold on Ebay. Do you know if Radio Shack sells 'em?

maddogdecker

you can find them on ebay but I got mine from Optoelectronics. They are not cheap. I paid around 350 to 400 dollars for mine. I use mine alot when I go to the race track. Radio Shack doesn't sell anything for scanners or anything that deals with scanners anymore. They are now as Cell Shack now. There is another site out there but I don't have it right now.

Chev_am

maddogdecker said:
Radio Shack doesn't sell anything for scanners or anything that deals with scanners anymore.

What? I just bought a Pro-94 and a Hi-Performance Ducky from there a week ago.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Chev_am said:
The only Frequency Counters i've ever seen are sold on Ebay. Do you know if Radio Shack sells 'em?

Radioshack used to sell a frequency counter and you can find them used but they are junk. If you're looking for a good one, go with an optoelectronics counter. I've got the digital scout and it works great.

Thayne

Don't forget that schools often are listed under different names than you realize--They use thier "legal entity" name for the whole district, rather than indvidual site names. I have seen some listed 3 different ways--with a few freqs in each.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
SInce you've narrowed it down to UHF, Most likely they're in the 450-470 range. Just put your scanner on search in this band and you'll find them.

K3ONW

School

It Will Not Be Hard To Find The Frequency From The Fcc, If The School
Has A License, But Better Information Is Needed From Chev Am.... America,
Earth Is No Help. If You Would Provide The School District Name And
Location, It Will Be Easy To Locate The License ?

Kenwood Tk-360 Radios Are 4 Watt Output And Can Be Programmed
450-470 Mhz... Have A Couple Hunfred Of Them, And It's A Good Medium Priced
Radio... The Older Version Was 4 Channel, And A Later Version (tk-360g)
Was 8 Channel

The Vhf Version (150-170) Is The Tk-260

Status
Not open for further replies.