Schuylkill County Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack08

What makes you think they aren't working?
I'm unaware of any intentions to switch everything to high band........

CStarr59

Well I just picked up 46.500 for a fire call. When scanning my preprogrammed 46.??? frequencies my radio locks on and just static, then a minute or two later another 46.??? frequency comes on and nothing but static. it seems as if they are changing or testing something, it just does not seem right. What is your location and are you getting them?
I'm in Schuylkill haven, just outside of Pottsville.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Did you move your scanner to different locations, and outside the building? Perhaps it is just interference from around your house. Lowband frequencies like that are very sensitive to interference which I have found out the hard way.

CStarr59

Well no I havn't changed the location, but i did change the antenna to a RS800 mhz. I put the previous antenna back on and I am still having the same problems. The radio locks on to a preprogrammed 46.xxx frequency, and all i get is static. Then just moments later it happens again on a slightly higher 46.xxx and on and on. I have 6 programmed in and none are working correctly. I've even tried different scanners and it is the same. I'll give it a day or two and see what happens. I was hoping someone else was having the same problem so i could rule out a scanner issue.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Have you purchased any new appliances? New lights? Anything electronic?

As was mentioned, there are a lot of things that will cause noise on lowband.

Zack08

It does sound like local interference. There are a bunch of threads on it, but one thing you could try is to wait until the noise appears and start turning equipment off until it goes away.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.