Schuylkill Fire Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
Just having an online back and forth with someone claiming that Skook unencrypted their fire ops talk groups. Anyone aware of that, or is he just full of ish?

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
For all the firehouses in the Skook, you’d think somebody up there would be on these forums. FWIW, I haven’t seen any mention of changes in several FB groups I follow for fire activity in the county.

Unfortunately, work doesn’t take me up that way anymore, so I won’t be thru there anytime soon to check.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
For all the firehouses in the Skook, you’d think somebody up there would be on these forums. FWIW, I haven’t seen any mention of changes in several FB groups I follow for fire activity in the county.

Unfortunately, work doesn’t take me up that way anymore, so I won’t be thru there anytime soon to check.
I will have to make the trip and check it out. That would be great, but I am pretty sure I would have heard by now if true.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
All Schuylkill County services on the Trunk System are Still fully ENC with fair signal reception in Lebanon County.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I’m currently taking a break from reprogramming my scanner right now. I’ll throw Skook back in but in my hole in the valley north of there I’m way too far away to hope for a miracle & get a hit on the system to see.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
While
Just having an online back and forth with someone claiming that Skook unencrypted their fire ops talk groups. Anyone aware of that, or is he just full of ish?
While I don't know if it's true or not their decision to completely encrypt the FD/EMS side of the system is completely unnecessary and makes comms with mutual aid alot more difficult.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Welcome to Pennsylvania!

No luck for me as I figured. I’m in a hole and too far away to get any hits. Unfortunately I can only pick up the dispatch channel from my QTH. That is a nice change though. I lost the ability to pick that up about 10-15 years ago so I’m glad that I can at least get that again.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Is Schuylkill County still toning out FD's on 154.070 ?

And I agree. Have a encrypted system for FD/EMS is insane. They can have 1 encrypted talk-group for private transmissions, but other than that, it's not needed.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Do they also tone out on 46.50 or was that just for response, replaced by the new VHF encrypted system?

Status
Not open for further replies.