Score! Score! -- I gotta brag! My search has FINALLY come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Wonder if this thing would have any usable parts for you 登录 Facebook

Doubtful, besides it would be a crime (to me) to part out a perfectly good working scanner. At this point I can live with spot three being non operational. Everything else works fine. Funny thing is, I find I'm using my crystal scanner more than the SDS100. Most of the time I'm only interested in listening to some specific frequencies, and this one covers nearly all of them, and it will be all of them when the crystal from @BananaPepper arrives.

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
adults could act like children on the air.

I got out of CB for that very reason. The anonymity provided protection. Just like many internet forums, idiots arguing.

When I was SysOp of a multi-line BBS in the ‘80s, when the users were asked to move the argument from a public forum to email, the attraction of multiple people seeing the posts was removed, and the argument died.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Interesting. In fact 154.190 is my counties main fire dispatch frequency and one of the frequencies I'll be looking for once I confirm the scanner works with the 155.625 crystal I ordered from Ebay. The others I'll be looking to get are: 155.715, 155.815, 155.535 and 154.235 for starters.
I also happen to have a box of assorted crystals that I received when I picked up an old Regency scanner. When I get a chance, I'll look through the pile and see if any of them might work for you (assuming 10.7 IF).
When you get a chance, please post a full list of your desired frequencies so I only have to search through the pile of crystals ONE time. (Those numbers are REALLY small!)

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I also happen to have a box of assorted crystals that I received when I picked up an old Regency scanner. When I get a chance, I'll look through the pile and see if any of them might work for you (assuming 10.7 IF).
When you get a chance, please post a full list of your desired frequencies so I only have to search through the pile of crystals ONE time. (Those numbers are REALLY small!)

Hey, thanks for the offer! I'll go through what I still need and get back to you Friday evening! (y)

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Ok no problem. Have been dealing with them for a long time. If you have any crystals marked MCS they are from them almost 50 years in business they have been supplying crystals.

Does Hi-Pro make the crystals, or just have an enormous stash of them on hand?

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Here are the ones I still need...

Sorry... No matches. I've got two boxes of perhaps 150 crystals and now that I've looked more closely at them, it looks like there are many of one frequency or another, rather than many different frequencies. Mostly WX (162.xxx), some former VHF PD (155.xx), and some former VHF Special Emergency (155.340, 155.280), a few assorted UHF (460-ish), and some not well marked. Looks like some are for 10.7 and some for 10.8 models.

Status
Not open for further replies.