Scott co & pro 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmhendress

I've got a pro-95 and can't get it to pickup anything on the trunked system. I did have it on manual and got something over the bettendorf trunked system. Any suggestions - will the pro 95 work?

thanks,
Kevin

DickH

I've got a pro-95 and can't get it to pickup anything on the trunked system. I did have it on manual and got something over the bettendorf trunked system. Any suggestions - will the pro 95 work?

thanks,
Kevin

I don't see a "bettendorf trunked system" in the database. If you're monitoring site 1106 of the RACOM system make sure the freqs. are in the correct LCN (Logical Channel Number), starting in channel 01, NOT 00. Also, channels 5 & 6 must be left empty.

Also check the LCNs carefully for the other Scott county sites; 1201, 1502 & 1509.

Last edited:

kmhendress

I don't see a "bettendorf trunked system" in the database. If you're monitoring site 1106 of the RACOM system make sure the freqs. are in the correct LCN (Logical Channel Number), starting in channel 01, NOT 00. Also, channels 5 & 6 must be left empty.

Per this link, there is the Bettendorf and Davenport EDACS trunked systems. I re-programmed my scanner for Davenport and still could not get anything.
RACOM - IL, WI, MN, NE, SD, IA Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

I've got it starting at 01 and leaving the specific channels empty.

Do I need to program in all of the Scott County locations, does it matter which Bank?

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

DickH

Per this link, there is the Bettendorf and Davenport EDACS trunked systems. I re-programmed my scanner for Davenport and still could not get anything.
RACOM - IL, WI, MN, NE, SD, IA Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Do I need to program in all of the Scott County locations, does it matter which Bank?

If you started in 01 and left 10, 11 & 12 empty it should work unless the RR databank is wrong.

Maybe, because certain units may be affiliated to different sites so you will need all Scott county sites to hear everything. Of course, each site must be in it's own bank.

It's too bad someone in your area hasn't chimed in. They should know how the system works.

zoggferry

hey there...someone from your area chiming in here...lol.
i haven't checked in for a couple of days.

i live in bettendorf and normally just keep my scanner locked on the bettendorf
analog simulcast because ever since scott county consolidated all their emergency
services i've found the trunking broadcasts to be kind of sketchy...
(honestly i just figured my scanner was dying...ssshhhh...let my wife continue to think this ;))
they are having a terrible time making this consolidation work.
have you read or seen anything in the local media about the "new world" debacle?

anyway...i saw this thread a little bit ago so i let it scan the trunked freqs.
as of now i'm picking up b-dorf p.d. and b-dorf pub works.
i haven't heard anything out of davenport or scott county as of yet.
which is kind of odd, they make quite a bit of noise most of the time.
i'm pretty sure i got my lcn's and talkgroups from r.r. after the re-banding.
i'll let it scan for the night and check back in tomorrow.

i'm using a a pro-433 that is about 5 years old or so.

timkilbride

Database Admin
It seems all the TG's for the area(Iowa side anyways) are forced onto the Davenport site. Scott Co, Bettendorf, and Davenport. I only monitor the Davenport site when I'm in the area and don't seem to miss anything.

Tim

Last edited:

zoggferry

checking back in...
i've been scanning my trunked freqs since i posted last night.
the only traffic i'm picking up is bettendorf. i haven't heard a peep
out of davenport or scott county.

in other news...i've struck a deal with the wife to buy a new scanner...WOOT!!
any suggestions? nothing to outrageous, but something that will
work when and if the p-25 change over when it happens.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I check the forums once a week and looks like it was posted after my last visit.
Not sure what the problem could be. Have you programmed a trunk system it this system before?
I don't think I ever did a PRO-95 so I can't troubleshoot it. Depending on the time of day I have noticed that new Scott Comm. Center uses digital TGs a lot.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Something else. I noticed the reference to Bettendorf Public Works TGs. I never hear them on Davenport site anymore. Which I monitor nearly 90%. They used to show a lot. Same with Moline & East Moline PW TGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.