Scottsdale PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchjr

I have downloaded the thompson peak site and their talk groups but all I get on my uniden 966t is id search and thats it. I have other agencies ( trunked ) programed into my scanner and they are working just fine but not Scottsdale. Does anyone else have this agency programed? If so, can you tell me what settings you are using?

Thanks,

Rchjr

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
I just programmed in Thompson peak, and all the Scotsdale TG's and I am picking up TG 4272. I think that's their dispatch. Not sure. just trying it out to see if I can help you!

Astrak

I'm receiving Scottsdale just fine, but I don't have a Uniden so I'm not sure I could help you with programming.

rchjr

Thanks for the help, I have tried again starting over from scratch and cant hear a thing. There has to be a setting or something that I am just not seeing to get their reception. I have everything downloaded correctly that I can tell.

Thanks,

Rchjr

rchjr

Well it says motorola type 1 which I believe is correct. I am programming with proscan. I tried it manually with grandkids running in and out of my office and I was not able to concentrate like i wanted to. This is very frustrating.

Thanks,

Rchjr

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
My SWFD says it is Motorola Type 2. try that. I am not familiar with proscan. I use the Arc396XT I just read also that Humbolt peak and Mt Ord are sometimes active.

rchjr

The first time that I had tried prgramming was with type 2 / p25 which i thought was incorrect. I still have grandkids so I will try later and let you know how it went. This has really got me frustrated.

Thansk again,

Rchjr

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
The first time that I had tried prgramming was with type 2 / p25 which i thought was incorrect. I still have grandkids so I will try later and let you know how it went. This has really got me frustrated.

Thansk again,

Rchjr

They are definitely type II. I have them programmed but don't hear much because of my location. I'm a bit far away to pull them in on the crap antenna I'm using. Need to get off my butt and put up a real antenna one of these days.

-AZ

mm

This is how I have my BC330t set up to listen to scottsdale PD.

To listen to Scottsdale you really need to set up 3 separate type II systems each with their own individual control channels entered in, all are of course set to Moto type II.

The most southern site is a small filler which carries some south side Talkgroups only and it uses the following CC's: 866.850 and 868.7625 this is in extreme south scottsdale tower which has limited coverage to the north but it has some good coverage into Tempe and Chandler.

The next one is Thompson peak and it carries both North and South traffic but again some south units will be missed if you don't have the above CC's set up in an individual system.

This 2nd set of CC's is 859.2625, 860.2625, 866.7625, 866.800, 868.875, 868.8875, 866.8125, 868.8375, 868.900, 868.8125, 868.9375, 868.9125 aside from these being Thompson Peak, some of these are also the CC's for Mt. Ord and White tanks and I found that including them in this system helps in the East valley, central Phoenix and the West Valley and up here in Prescott also.

For the extreme far north of Scottsdael I use a 3rd filler cc of 866.7875 in its separate system.

main designator / talkgroups are as follows:
c-north=4272
a-south=4208
d-info=4464
e-edward (car-car)=4432
f-frank=4304
h=4528, some surveillance activities time to time.
event-1=4336
event-2=4816
j-john=4592 some surveillance activities from time to time.
i-ida =5328 not really a lot of pd traffic on this TG but sometimes at night there is
officer training tg's are 4496 and 5264
And the big one is. B-hot traffic=6640
Almost forgot, Radar vans = 52496, not much traffic here either but still worth listening to.

Right now I'm hearing some North side TG's off of Mt Ord up here in Prescott.

Again to summarize, I have 3 separate duplicate type II systems set up in my BC330 all using the same System key but separate Group keys assigned to each of these 3 sites and when I drive around the valley I rarely lose scottsdale.

Also since the 2nd set of CC's are also used for MCSO you may or may not want to lock the County Tg's out.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.