Scottsdale PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone here monitor this agency on a regular basis, and if so can you confirm if they have switched to the RWC system now? Are they still operating on the Maricopa County system? The database seems to say they are officially on the RWC now but I haven't heard a peep from them on it in my travels through that part of the valley. They used to be some of the best monitoring because their unmarked units did almost everything in the clear on their talk groups. I am well aware of how challenging the RWC simulcasts are to monitor, so maybe I just haven't been in the right spots.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
I was down in Scottsdale in September and in early October, they are active on Simulcast H with TGs as posted in the database.

As with other agencies in the Valley, many TGs are encrypted.

Astrak

They are most definitely on the RWC simulcast H now. I can't say whether or not the old system is still active, I do know that Scottsdale PD no longer uses it.

Espi

Yes they were on Maricopa Counties system, which is still in use. They have migrated over to the RWC network.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
That's gotta be sarcasm, cause I liken it to a life time quest in geometry to fashion a theorem squaring the circle, lol.

Oh yes, pure sarcasm....I have battled with the RWC from the days of first testing and though a yagi can help some base radio situations, there is no cure for those on the go.....maybe some day they will actually make a scanner that can handle simulcast.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
I work in Scottsdale and have a hard time picking it up with any regularity. I had no problem before they moved to RWC.

Too bad you can't install a yagi at work (most likely). I actually COULD, but don't need one as I work right under north mountain and get perfect Simulcast A reception. I haven't heard anything from the new Scottsdale system yet though.

Thanks for the info...sounds like a tough one to monitor.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
Too bad you can't install a yagi at work (most likely). I actually COULD, but don't need one as I work right under north mountain and get perfect Simulcast A reception. I haven't heard anything from the new Scottsdale system yet though.

Thanks for the info...sounds like a tough one to monitor.
Hahaha. Somehow I doubt they'd let me do that!

I've been able to pick them up most of the day today, not regularly but more than before, but I blame it on the Atmospheric Gremlins that like to hang out around my office building because I've also been picking up Avondale and Buckeye PDs and I hear them even less frequently than Scottsdale. hahaha.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
Hahaha. Somehow I doubt they'd let me do that!

I've been able to pick them up most of the day today, not regularly but more than before, but I blame it on the Atmospheric Gremlins that like to hang out around my office building because I've also been picking up Avondale and Buckeye PDs and I hear them even less frequently than Scottsdale. hahaha.

I know what you mean about the atmosphere doing funny things.

Avondale is just part of the Glendale system which transmits from the top of Shaw Butte, so you should get both that and Glendale quite well in most of Scottsdale.

On Buckeye, do you get the White Tanks site AND the Estrella IR site? Just curious...

At any rate I should be visiting Scottsdale this week in a few days so I'll try again...

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
I know what you mean about the atmosphere doing funny things.

Avondale is just part of the Glendale system which transmits from the top of Shaw Butte, so you should get both that and Glendale quite well in most of Scottsdale.

On Buckeye, do you get the White Tanks site AND the Estrella IR site? Just curious...

At any rate I should be visiting Scottsdale this week in a few days so I'll try again...
My office building seems to enjoy blocking out a lot of stuff. I rarely get Glendale PD but I seem to pick them up on the days I get Avondale, which is rare.

You know, I'm not real sure which site I get Buckeye from. I'm pretty sure I don't have either of those sites programmed on my scanner, but I couldn't be for 100% sure.

Good luck picking up Scottsdale when you're in the area. Hopefully the Gremlins won't block your transmissions. >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.