SCPD Radio IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac316scu

Does anybody have a list of the Suffolk County Police Radio IDs. Would be nice to input into my scanner so I can see what units are talking.

D

DaveNF2G

The OP asked for unit IDs, not group IDs.

At this point, user ID lists are still being built. Anyone who wants the information needs to gather it for themselves.

ac316scu

The OP asked for unit IDs, not group IDs.

At this point, user ID lists are still being built. Anyone who wants the information needs to gather it for themselves.

Thanks, I'm trying to gather it myself but its hard to catch the IDs when they only pop up for a second.

vinzep491

If you are able to monitor with 2 scanners, may I reccomend the UNITRUNKER program...

Hook one scanner up to gather control channel data, and monitor with the other radio to ID people.

Unitrunker logs each radio ID affiliating with specific towers, and it even logs which talkgroups it transmits on or simply connects to.

If you can only do this with one scanner you can still set the scanner and program up and let it log RID's, then correlate them with the department's TGID's they affiliate with.

Attempting to do this by simply looking at your radio's screen in live time is damn near impossible when compared to this method. TRUSTME.

EDIT: What scanner models do you own. This info will help me recommend the best logging setup.

Last edited:

ac316scu

If you are able to monitor with 2 scanners, may I reccomend the UNITRUNKER program...

Hook one scanner up to gather control channel data, and monitor with the other radio to ID people.

Unitrunker logs each radio ID affiliating with specific towers, and it even logs which talkgroups it transmits on or simply connects to.

If you can only do this with one scanner you can still set the scanner and program up and let it log RID's, then correlate them with the department's TGID's they affiliate with.

Attempting to do this by simply looking at your radio's screen in live time is damn near impossible when compared to this method. TRUSTME.

EDIT: What scanner models do you own. This info will help me recommend the best logging setup.

I only have 1 scanner available to me and its a Pro-107 (iScan)

vinzep491

I don't believe the 107 has a data output, like the 106/197/500/600 models have. (someone correct me if im wrong)

You could add a discriminator tap, which would monitor the raw data sent over the control channel. This would feed into the Unitrunker program and provide you with all active radio ID's affiliating on the system, and on specific TG's.

Another option would be to buy a cheap, basic scanner from RS or Ebay, add a discriminator tap to that spare radio for a low expense, and then feed that into Unitrunker. That way you could still use your 107 to monitor audio in realtime.

Search the wiki for Discriminator Tap and Unitrunker for some good info on how it works.

Simply writing down radio Id's as you monitor is alot of work when programs are easily available.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Our county uhttp://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=659 uses an ID structure. You can read the IDs from the numbers. I have programmed many fire IDs into a group and assigned alpha tags using this formula but you can easily follow the numbers.

Radio ID structure

Fire IDs: ( 7xxxyz )

xxx = Station number (ex. 192)
y = equipment type where:

1 = Engine
2 = Ladder
3 = Rescue
4 = Squad/ EMS Supervisor
5 = Medic
6 = Chief
7 = Tanker
8 = Bomb Squad
9 = Haz-Mat
0 = Other

z = radio type where:

0 = mobile
1 = 1st portable
2 = 2nd portable
3 = 3rd portable
4 = Base station or 4th portable
5 = Station Car
6 = Hose Wagon/Telesquirt
7 = Foam Truck
8 = Personnel Transporter
9 = Extra apparatus.

Example: 719250 is the mobile radio in Medic 192.
Example: 700812 is the 2nd portable on Engine 8.
Example: 701429 is Extra Ladder 14

Police IDs

Columbus Police officers are issued their own portable radios.
Portable IDs are 74xxxx where:
xxxx is the officer's badge number.
Badge numbers in the 5000 range are sergeants.

Mobile IDs are 75xxxy where:
xxx is the cruiser number.
y is the cruiser type
0 is a regular car
1 is a relief (spare) car
Example: 751760 is car 176
Example: 751701 is car R-170 (a relief car)

See if something like this will work for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.