SCPD Trunk in Islip Area

FireMarshalRob

Feed Provider
Hi All,

Just throwing the net out to see if anyone is having the same issue. BCD536 loaded with the most recent RR data. The 3rd Pct talkgroup not working at all. Switch to command, no issues. I have not tried the other precincts. This would be in the East Islip/Islip area. Base antenna with good signal.

I have not dug into the programming yet, just seeing if anyone is having similar issues.

Rob

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
As of right now my 436 is receiving p25 side consistently with UT and SDRT and is very clear using a Remtronix 800. I am not seeing any issues with that tg on p25 site 4.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The 3rd Pct talkgroup not working at all. Switch to command, no issues.
I was half asleep when I read the first post. Double check the tg is entered as 3311 in your programming. If you get Command band with no problem, i doubt its a simulcast issue. I was in Islip and East Islip today and 1st, 3rd and 5th were all sounding normal on my 436..

FireMarshalRob

Feed Provider
I was half asleep when I read the first post. Double check the tg is entered as 3311 in your programming. If you get Command band with no problem, i doubt its a simulcast issue. I was in Islip and East Islip today and 1st, 3rd and 5th were all sounding normal on my 436..
So to clarify. This is two different radios. Same location, same radios, Good outside antenna. One sits on Command and one on the 3rd. Command unit is working, 3rd pct fell off the map. Switch radios, behaves the same way. I am thinking there may be an issue with the archive from RR that is downloaded with sentinel?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
So to clarify. This is two different radios. Same location, same radios, Good outside antenna. One sits on Command and one on the 3rd. Command unit is working, 3rd pct fell off the map. Switch radios, behaves the same way. I am thinking there may be an issue with the archive from RR that is downloaded with sentinel?
This update you did, you said you have not dug into the programming yet. Where are you seeing this problem? In the full database or in a favorites list?

I just updated Sentinel full database and from what I see everything in the full db looks good. From listening today on my 436, and from my sdrtrunk recordings, I am not seeing any issues with any of the tg's on the system. It is possible your download was corrupt.

If you want to upload and post your favorite list for them, I can take a look.

1676770733447.png

FireMarshalRob

Feed Provider
This update you did, you said you have not dug into the programming yet. Where are you seeing this problem? In the full database or in a favorites list?

I just updated Sentinel full database and from what I see everything in the full db looks good. From listening today on my 436, and from my sdrtrunk recordings, I am not seeing any issues with any of the tg's on the system. It is possible your download was corrupt.

If you want to upload and post your favorite list for them, I can take a look.

View attachment 136679
So it appears that there is something wrong in the newish database download from RR. I spent over 4 hours on this today both in the islip are and East Farm area. I loaded and modified 3 different 536 units with all the same result, no reception.

I was on location today where the scanners are located and was looking at my freshly updated RR database of sentinel on my laptop. I was hoping to even just load the old SZ system and could not find it in the list anymore. I remembered that I had seen it on my desktop at home and all of my desk scanners are working. Took home the non working scanner. Loaded both the old SZ and new P25 and boom, both systems working.

What I still cant figure out is why? As of now I have not been able to determine the differences in the programming.

My suggestion is dont update sentinel, dont update your radio, or just create a new favorites list leaving your old info for now.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
My suggestion is dont update sentinel, dont update your radio, or just create a new favorites list leaving your old info for now.

I will look again but yesterday, to try to help you out, I did just that. Updated my Sentinel and downloaded the p25 system with site 4 and loaded it on my 436 and it worked fine.

Heard FC 6 and 1-0-4 told to go that way. East Farm was some job. Glad the trolly survived.