Scrambled transmissions on orange county frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROY_PICKETT

I noticed sometimes that one of the frequencies from orange county is scrambeled somehow.I was wondering if someone knows what this scrambeling is called anad if the bearcat BC246T will decode it? It has CTCSS / DCS Decode system. I think me and my wife will love it because it has 1600 channels which is the most we have ever had.

We will appreciate any help... thanks Roy

dwh367

ROY_PICKETT said:
I noticed sometimes that one of the frequencies from orange county is scrambeled somehow.I was wondering if someone knows what this scrambeling is called anad if the bearcat BC246T will decode it? It has CTCSS / DCS Decode system. I think me and my wife will love it because it has 1600 channels which is the most we have ever had.

We will appreciate any help... thanks Roy

Orange county's law enforcement units can run in one of two modes on their police repeater. Either in the clear or with voice inversion. It is illegal for a scanner manufacturer to provide any means of decoding a scrambled transmission. I know that isn't the news you wanted to hear but I hope it was at least of some help.

David H.

rananthony04

encrypted

dwh367 said:
Orange county's law enforcement units can run in one of two modes on their police repeater. Either in the clear or with voice inversion.
AKA encryption-which NO scanner enthusiast can monitor. Sorry to rain on your parade.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Just make sure you read this part :):

(However, always be sure to check with your local authorities to ensure that you’re not straying into any unlawful communications reception.)

Status
Not open for further replies.