Scranton-CMC hospital on new UHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
I came in to the room at the tail end of the transmissions, but I may have heard radio testing on MED 6 with CMC hospital yesterday. This is the first time I've heard UHF MED channel activity from the Scranton area on the repeater system commissioned late last year. I'm assuming it may be a system related to the Wilkes-Barre Geisinger/Wyoming Valley system.... which I hear all the time, usually on MED 1 and 2.

captclint

Mentor
I came in to the room at the tail end of the transmissions, but I may have heard radio testing on MED 6 with CMC hospital yesterday.
Yes, they were testing both Mercy Scranton and CMC 3 or 4 days ago on Med 2, 6, & 8. Actually, it was a 1-way test with no response from hospitals. Did you hear the CMC answer? However, this is not the 1st time they have been testing, so I don't expect any to happen soon.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
What I heard was a two-way conversation, but I couldn't be certain who each party was. Once end was CMC, but may have been radio tech. Other end sounded like an EMS unit, but all I heard was a quick test.

Status
Not open for further replies.