scratches on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello ive got a couple of scratches on the screen of my 500 . not real happy about this. is there any cleaner or solution i can use to help with these scratches. i dont want to replace the lens so if someone can help on this. thanks

Swipesy

hello ive got a couple of scratches on the screen of my 500 . not real happy about this. is there any cleaner or solution i can use to help with these scratches. i dont want to replace the lens so if someone can help on this. thanks

Most auto supply stores carry plastic scratch remover. If you do not have gouges the product works well. If it is gouged you are out of luck. You also should buy LCD Screen Protectors and your future problems will be solved permenantly.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Yes. There is a product called "Brasso" and it does a great job. Also for more solutions,check recent threads on eham.net There was a guy with the same question as you. Good luck!:p
n9zas

safetyobc

Yeah, I picked up some generic screen protectors from Wal-Mart in the cell phone section really cheap. You can cut them to fit with an exacto knife or scissors. I usually put one on all my gadgets (scanners included).

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Screen Protection

Yeah, I picked up some generic screen protectors from Wal-Mart in the cell phone section really cheap. You can cut them to fit with an exacto knife or scissors. I usually put one on all my gadgets (scanners included).

I've used aircraft Radome repair tape, much thicker than other screen protectors. I go to work tonight I'll post the part number/product info later.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Nu Finish, bright orange plastic bottle, available almost anywhere.

Last edited:

StinkyB

Brasso

Yes. There is a product called "Brasso" and it does a great job. Also for more solutions,check recent threads on eham.net There was a guy with the same question as you. Good luck!:p
n9zas

I use Brasso also to remove scratches, I also work in metalurgy lab, we use 1micron diamond compuond to polish metal weld samples, it does a wonderful job polishing out scratches on plastic screens. Screen protectors are a must.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.