Screen freeze up on pro-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakemcgraw

All is working well with the exception of twice now in the past week, after my batteries ran down and scanner shut itself off, I put my fresh charged set of batteries in, and when it booted up to the screen saying Radio Shack Pro-18 , It just stayed there, and it had 4 or 5 horizinal dash lines under that screen message. Wouldnt move or change regardless of pressing any keys. I removed batteries, back in again, and it starts right up normal. and everything is fine again....Anyone one have a possible idea what may cause this ?.......Thanks in advance for any assistance.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have seen that if I milk my batteries all the way down. Also if you remove the SD card while batteries are in or USB power hooked up you just trashed the data on the card and you will have to reformat the SD card and copy all data back to the card. I carry spare SD cards with my current data and config on it plus I carry cards with test setups on them to new areas to test.

Jakemcgraw

Thanks for the info Buddy, makes me feel better knowing that mine probably isnt defective then,,,well outside those 2 occasions, all works good.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
What batteries are you guys using, and what switch setting in the battery compartment?

Jakemcgraw

Im using the sanyo eneloops,,,Thats a thought i had, when mine had the 2 freezes, i had just set the switch to alkaline, so it doesnt charge when i use the power cable,,But i set it back to ni-mh again after the last time it froze.

W2PMX

The switch position has absolutely no effect on the scanner operation, it only determines whether the batteries will be charged when the scanner is connected to external power. (Which will result is shorter battery life than if you only charge it in a good external charger. Doing so usually pays for itself.)

Status
Not open for further replies.