SDS200 Screen Light Setting

zzdiesel

Premium Subscriber
I try to keep my backlight set on medium, but it constantly changes to high when I'm not paying attention. Is there a way to keep it from changing?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I try to keep my backlight set on medium, but it constantly changes to high when I'm not paying attention. Is there a way to keep it from changing?
Does it seem to change brightness after writing to the scanner from Sentinel?

Whiskey3JMC

Chief of Ops of the former Firegroundaudio.com
Premium Subscriber
So if you set the dimmer to medium like so...
...then leave the scanner alone, eventually this setting will get changed to high? Does your scanner have the latest firmware?

tvengr

It is not inconceivable that the problem could be caused by the SD card or firmware. I would try reformatting or replacing the SD card and reloading the firmware.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Set it to medium and then turn off the scanner. That allows it to be written to the SD card. Then turn it on and see if you still have the problem.

tvengr

Set it to medium and then turn off the scanner.
That makes sense. When you turn off the scanner, it saves the last brightness setting of the display. When you turn the scanner on, the scanner brightness should be the same as when you turned it off. If you still have the problem with the brightness changing, try my previous suggestions.