Screen Looks Foggy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

On My 500 Display, On The Bottom Right Corner, It looks like the glass is fogged over...It's not scratches, It's not cracked, and It can't be felt from the outside, It's on the inside...Is there anything that could cause this, What is a fix?

Thanks,

DonS

Could it actually be condensation? Have you had the scanner in a warm, moist environment for a while, then moved into a (relatively) cold environment?

How long has it been this way?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Now Look!
Its a good scanner, but taking it with you into the shower is asking a little too much dont you think? ;-)

Manny

btritch

Haven't had it in the shower, Haven't even carried it anywhere in about a week..I just now got to noticing, The bottom portion of the display glass was loose, Enough there was a crack that anything could have gotten behind.. Is the display supposed to off like this or should I fix it....Somehow?
Thus, Leads me to think, Could it be glue off the glass where it's come loose?

Ok, Another update, I've went back to where the glass was loose on the bottom right corner, Taken a cotton swave so that it's soft and wiped the inside of the glass where the spots were and they wiped right off, However, I have just pressed the glass back down on the bottom right corner (since this is all that was loose) and went all the way around to make sure it was down all the way, It appears it's staying down and not going to come up again, However, Although I do not understand why it came up the first time, if it does again, What's the best way to fix it here guys? Glue? Sticky Tac?

Last edited:

tobarger

The plastic window on my PSR-500 was slightly raised at the bottom right corner a few months ago. I just popped it back into place by pressing on it and haven't had a problem since. It either came from the factory that way or became dislodged when the radio fell off the arm of a chair onto the floor once. Your fogging problem sounds like its just condensation.

Last edited:

btritch

The plastic window on my PSR-500 was slightly raised at the bottom right corner a few months ago. I just popped it back into place by pressing on it and haven't had a problem since. It either came from the factory that way or became dislodged when the radio fell off the arm of a chair onto the floor once. Your fogging problem sounds like its just condensation.

It probably WAS condensation since the glass was loose, I've pushed it back down...We'll See what happens, Yep, Like yours, It's hit the floor a time or two, If I keep having a problem, We'll go from there but hopefully I'll be problem free as well. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.