• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

screen only show ----------- then beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookforthe1

hi i have a vx800 uhf

i am trying to program it and the computer reads and writes it w no problem

when i try to use the radio it shows as if it was completely blank... the screen only show ----------- then beeps... if I take the little chip board out it shows whats programed but doesn't do anything else in regards to tx rx. when reading it through the program it shows that i already wrote to the radio what was needed to be put on to it.

i dont know what the problem could be... i also loaded afresh clean file and then reloaded the one i created and it still give me the same issue...

im pretty sure its not the cps and is the radio but not sure how to fix it

does anyone have any ideas what it could be????? I would love to put this radio back into service

thanks!!!!!!

radiotweester

It sounds like you have an option board installed... Did you read the radio initially or just blast the radio with the default file?
Is the board you're talking about an option board (similar to the pic) or dummy board (white connector and no chips)?
I'll assume you're using the Windows version of software - CE31 V1.05? See if this board looks like any here: Welcome to Yaesu.com under Accessories? If it does, read the radio, go to Common then Misc and make sure that's listed under option. Also change Power up Condition to Group 1.
I'm also thinking you have a second group and you're on a channel that's not programmed (the ------ and beeps would do that). Go to Channel and see if there are numbers besides in group 1, or assign a button as group up Common key function.

Attachments

• 1611130562376.png
    1611130562376.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 5

lookforthe1

It sounds like you have an option board installed... Did you read the radio initially or just blast the radio with the default file?
Is the board you're talking about an option board (similar to the pic) or dummy board (white connector and no chips)?
I'll assume you're using the Windows version of software - CE31 V1.05? See if this board looks like any here: Welcome to Yaesu.com under Accessories? If it does, read the radio, go to Common then Misc and make sure that's listed under option. Also change Power up Condition to Group 1.
I'm also thinking you have a second group and you're on a channel that's not programmed (the ------ and beeps would do that). Go to Channel and see if there are numbers besides in group 1, or assign a button as group up Common key function.
Thanks for the reply... Its a full code plug 1o groups... If theres is ni chip where the dummy one or o option board... It'll show what's one there but nothing happens... Its weird

lookforthe1

Thanks for the reply... Its a full code plug 1o groups... If theres is ni chip where the dummy one or o option board... It'll show what's one there but nothing happens... Its weird

sorry for the previous reply wrote it as i was waking up lol

so the radio has a complete codeplug 10 grps 16ch ea buttons assigned etc...
the radio shows the ----- regardless of the codeplug default or custom
when the chip(dummy) is in itll show ------ then beep when i take it out it shows whats programed but nothing else... irdk what it could be i have an option board(encyption) which im going to try and hopefully thatll work... the other thing i was thinking is to reflashthe firmware but i dont have the fif10/12 cable or firmware for that...

lookforthe1

sorry for the previous reply wrote it as i was waking up lol

so the radio has a complete codeplug 10 grps 16ch ea buttons assigned etc...
the radio shows the ----- regardless of the codeplug default or custom
when the chip(dummy) is in itll show ------ then beep when i take it out it shows whats programed but nothing else... irdk what it could be i have an option board(encyption) which im going to try and hopefully thatll work... the other thing i was thinking is to reflashthe firmware but i dont have the fif10/12 cable or firmware for that...

I tried what you said and nothing.... Still same issue

Status
Not open for further replies.