SDS100/SDS200: Screen protector found

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinquist

Premium Subscriber
Just installed the BestSkinsEver.com screen protector on my SDS100. Fits *perfect*... so for anyone else wanting to order one, you have to specify a custom size, then order with these specs:
Width 38mm
Height 51
Corner Radius 0
Film Glossy
Over All Size 200 x 140 mm

You'll see lots of 'imperfections' in my pic - that is water that will go away and become clear within about 12 hours.

You just peel away the bestskinsever and dip it into a bowl of water that contains a single drop of dish soap. Don't be afraid to get it completely soaked - this lets you move the skin around on the screen once you set it down.

Use a credit card or something as a squeegee if necessary to get all the water out.

Attachments

• DSC02210.jpg
    DSC02210.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,237

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Good to know! I purchased a screen protector by Skinomi and cut it to fit. Sounds like the same material but without the extra work!

...and there's an extra LED above the screen :)

Markinsac

Did you make your measurements using their suggestions for a slight gap? Just trying to make sure I don't have something that is too tight.

Also, after getting your screen installed, do you see any benefit to using the radius value to round the corners a bit?

racing1

Just ordered mine cant wait. Priority shipping.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

klinquist

Premium Subscriber
Did you make your measurements using their suggestions for a slight gap? Just trying to make sure I don't have something that is too tight.

Also, after getting your screen installed, do you see any benefit to using the radius value to round the corners a bit?

I just measured with my digital micrometer and it turned out. As it dried overnight, it also shrunk just very slightly. I'm very happy with the size I bought, and I recommend staying with radius 0. No need for rounded corners.

Markinsac

I just measured with my digital micrometer and it turned out. As it dried overnight, it also shrunk just very slightly. I'm very happy with the size I bought, and I recommend staying with radius 0. No need for rounded corners.

Thank you! Just wanted to make sure.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Jon - about your gps mod...Can you describe the light configuration, what it does, what color(s) etc. I see the gps light is a tad bit smaller than the stock LEDs and it is green. Does it change when signal is acquired? Steady on or flash? Just curious, thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The light is solid green when the GPS has power, and alternates green and red when it has satellite lock.

For the SDS100, the GPS is wired directly, no switch. The GPS only reduces battery life by about 4%, and a switch would compromise the waterproofing. So the GPS LED doubles as a scanner power LED, and eliminates the need to have the alert LED flash when the screen is off to remind you the scanner is on.

racing1

Zip scanners now sells them in a 3 pack pre cut for the sds100 for 14.99.
1f68c341b46b19ed4456e8505c219c3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AllenSchultz

They also have them on there too for the 436

I just purchased one. It was about 3/64ths an inch too small. It had some bubbles initially, but those were no doubt my doing, and they went away in a few days. The protector looks nice, it is just too small. Confirm measurements with them before ordering.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
i need to order one, but i need to get a replacement screen, somehow i scratched mine

Status
Not open for further replies.