SDS100/SDS200: Screen shot function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
I've searched on the forums and I couldn't find anything. I have a faint recollection that there was a way to generate a screen shot of what is displayed on the radio. From what I remember, it will store screenshots on the SD card.

I could also be remembering something from the HomePatrol-1.

...or I could be confusing it with storing a picture on the HomePatrol's SD card and having it displayed as the boot image.

Anyway, please let me know if there is any way to take a screen shot.

Thanks!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I've searched on the forums and I couldn't find anything. I have a faint recollection that there was a way to generate a screen shot of what is displayed on the radio. From what I remember, it will store screenshots on the SD card.

...or I could be confusing it with storing a picture on the HomePatrol's SD card and having it displayed as the boot image.

Thanks!

I don't know about the SDS units, but that was possible with the HP-1.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

Thanks!
Here's a thread discussing the screen on the HP-1

For the SDS series scanners, you have that ability with ProScan now and probably ARC536 (I don't have that software to verify). But that would be creating a screenshot, via a PC, to be used elsewhere.

You can add a pic, within certain limits for dimensions, density (pixels) and file format, that will display when the scanner starts up. I have the badge for the closest DFR station on mine. You can do this on the SDS200 as well. This is creating the file on a PC to be used in the scanner, not via a graphic created within the scanner itself.
For the SDS:
First post I noted regarding changing the splash screen:

Another thread:

Thread on opening screen for the SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.