BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Scrolling through Systems, Departments, Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've figured out how to put Systems, Departments, and Channels into Pause mode. It's actually pretty simple. I can scroll manually through Channels, but can't for the life of me figure out how to Scroll from System to System or Department to Department while in Pause mode.

I follow, or at least think I do, the instructions in the manual, but all that happens is that Scan resumes within that System or Department and I can't move through them.

What am I doing wrong?

Steve2003

Tap System (or department) then immediately start scrolling.

Another thing to note, when you have an active site hold you cannot add/change/remove a Department Hold.

If you utilize site holds, here is a quick way to change the department without having to select the site again when you re-enable the site hold:

1. Press [Channel] to do a channel hold (when you are doing a channel hold the scanner will stay locked on the current site).

2. Release the site hold: [FN] + [DEPT].

3. Enable / Disable / Change your department hold.

4. Re-enable your site hold [FN] + [DEPT].

5. Press [Channel] to release your channel hold.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Tap System (or department) then immediately start scrolling.

Thanks. It was the immediately start scrolling part that I was missing.

Drifting off topic, one thing that I'm not sure of is how multi site trunking works. With the XT scanners, I could set hold time and start up keys per site. Each site within a system would hold for the specified amount of time and then the scanner would move on to the next site. Does that happen with the x36HP scanners or is it more like the PSR800 where the scanner would stay on a site as long as it was reading control channel data? If it's the latter, I'll need to reconfigure how I have sites set up. It's not a big deal, I just have to get used to doing things a bit differently.

With less than 24 hours of experience with the scanner, I'm pretty impressed.

Steve2003

You can set the hold time in the following location from the Favorites List Editor:
System ABC => Options Tab => Hold Time

(click to enlarge)

If I recall correctly, the hold time applies to all sites in the system. For example, lets say you set / have the following:
  • System with 10 total sites
  • Only 4 sites are enabled (via quick key or location control)
  • Hold time set to 2 sec
The scanner would hold on each site for 2 sec, taking approximately 8 seconds to scan the whole system.

System and/or Department Hold only = Multi-Site Scanning

Once you do a Channel or Site Hold the scanner is locked on to a specific site.

Edit to add the following:
You might want to take a look at the other forum threads regarding slow scan speeds. I believe there is/was an issue with the scanner trying to scan sites out of range.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I like the idea of setting hold time per site as on the XT scanners, but I can live with this. Is it safe to assume that the hold time also applies to the individual departments in a trunk system?

You can set the hold time in the following location from the Favorites List Editor:
System ABC => Options Tab => Hold Time

(click to enlarge)

If I recall correctly, the hold time applies to all sites in the system. For example, lets say you set / have the following:
  • System with 10 total sites
  • Only 4 sites are enabled (via quick key or location control)
  • Hold time set to 2 sec
The scanner would hold on each site for 2 sec, taking approximately 8 seconds to scan the whole system.

System and/or Department Hold only = Multi-Site Scanning

Once you do a Channel or Site Hold the scanner is locked on to a specific site.

Edit to add the following:
You might want to take a look at the other forum threads regarding slow scan speeds. I believe there is/was an issue with the scanner trying to scan sites out of range.

Status
Not open for further replies.