SD Card Error

longfeather1

Premium Subscriber
My scanner keeps telling me "SD card file error" Do I use Sentinel "clear user data" operation to initialize sd card?

I just and went and bought a new one and put it in and it still telling me that.

What am I doing wrong?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Should you need to format an SD card, Uniden recommends the SD formatter Utility: SD Memory Card Formatter | SD Association

If you do a "Clear User Data" I recommend re-formatting the SD Card first. Wipes the slate clean.

After doing a "Clear User Data", you'll have to write your Favorites Lists and should update the full database.

While you can do all this with the SD card in the scanner, effectively making the scanner a card reader, it is faster to use the computer card reader.

longfeather1

Premium Subscriber
Should you need to format an SD card, Uniden recommends the SD formatter Utility: SD Memory Card Formatter | SD Association

If you do a "Clear User Data" I recommend re-formatting the SD Card first. Wipes the slate clean.

After doing a "Clear User Data", you'll have to write your Favorites Lists and should update the full database.

While you can do all this with the SD card in the scanner, effectively making the scanner a card reader, it is faster to use the computer card reader.
Thanks
Connect the scanner to a windows PC and it will clear the file error, but if not, format the card and do clear user data to be able to use it again.

/Ubbe
Thanks

You need to do the Clear User operation on the new card to prepare it for use.
Thanks

Thanks