SD Card removal in 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYPDAUX

Wouldn't that be like unplugging the hard drive to computer while it was on probably not a good idea

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That was my gut feeling, but I also looked in the manual. I would have thought if removing the card while the scanner was on, there would have been some type of warning or caution statement warning against removal.

It looks to me like the only times the SD card is being read or written to is when the scanner is powered on and off.

wise871

Database Admin
The card needs to be in there for replay and record just to name a few reason why you need to leave it installed. The card is being used during normal use, not just during startup and shutdown.

NUGEN

I'm sure you've heard the expression "If it isn't broke don't fix it." Leave the card alone and don't take it out, why do you feel the need to try to tempt fate.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Mostly I can see me "fat fingering" and inadvertently bumping the card when I try to hit "0" or ".no".

Another scenario is to put the card in my computer to transfer recordings to my computer and still listen to the scanner while doing so - possibly swapping a reasonably identical card (at least with the profile and favorites lists).

Status
Not open for further replies.