SD card video viewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanWoodsman

Does anyone know of a viewer that I can watch a dash cam video on my computer that will let my view it in shorter segments than one second. Preferably frame by frame.
Today I had a large rock(larger than a golf ball) come off a oncoming cement truck & smash my windshield but with vehicles closing at aprox 55 mph each one second intervals don't show it leaving the truck but do show it in the air.

Rock can be seen just left of the road center line.
At shorter intervals I'd be able to track it. Maybe even viewing it in slow motion would help. Not looking to spend hundreds of $'s for it & free download would be even better.

bharvey2

VideoLAN VLC player is my go to video player. I'd start there if your dash cam vendor doesn't offer a video player for their products. Be advised that some security cameras generate a proprietary video file that can only be read by a specific reader software. This is done to minimize the possibility of editing the video file and compromising its use as evidence in court. Since I don't have experience with dash cams, I don't know if manufacturers do that with them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.