HP-1: SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiserfan

Dose the HP1 take abigger SD crd than the 2G one that comes wiyh it the smallest i could find was an 8G and it woudn"t work and ws told by Radio Shack the only way to get a 2G is online

Essexscan

that's what happens when you plug in a new card into the radio, you have to clear the user data and reinstall the software from Sentinel

Essexscan

Yes the difference is only HC stands for High capacity and file format, it does not matter to the HP-1 as it will format it when you connect it to sentinel.

when you select read from home patrol and the drive is missing there is a box to check to show all drives then the hp-1 will show up then you select clear user data so it will format the new card and install the files it needs from your computer/sentinel to the HP-1

is your old card bad or do you just want more storage?

kaiserfan

Yes the difference is only HC stands for High capacity and file format, it does not matter to the HP-1 as it will format it when you connect it to sentinel.

when you select read from home patrol and the drive is missing there is a box to check to show all drives then the hp-1 will show up then you select clear user data so it will format the new card and install the files it needs from your computer/sentinel to the HP-1

is your old card bad or do you just want more storage?

I want to have a backup the last time i updated the master data base it erasec half of my favorites list

Essexscan

Follow the link I posted and look for my post down the page where I made copies of both my SD cards and put in larger ones.

When you hook up you HP-1 to your computer and Sentinel select (read from scanner) first so it pulls any changes you made to your setup and writes it to your profile in Sentinel then update the data base then send data to your scanner. That should keep you from losing your favs list

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
As mentioned, the radio can take anything up to a 32GB card. When you first get it, you'll have to either put it in your computer with the included adapter, or put it in the scanner and connect that to the computer, and then write the necessary base data from Sentinel before it will be usable in the radio.

And one lesson you should take from this is to never trust a word a Radio Shack employee says. If they told me the sky was blue, I'd still look up and confirm it for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.