BCD436HP/BCD536HP: SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Most people don't pull the SD card clip out of the radio when changing batteries. And most of the people who do manage to reinstall it, even if some profanity is involved. Seems to me that finding a friend who's more mechanically inclined than you to help you reinstall the clip is far more rational than smashing a $400 scanner with a hammer, or tossing it in the trash.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Most people don't pull the SD card clip out of the radio when changing batteries. And most of the people who do manage to reinstall it, even if some profanity is involved. Seems to me that finding a friend who's more mechanically inclined than you to help you reinstall the clip is far more rational than smashing a $400 scanner with a hammer, or tossing it in the trash.

As I stated previously, Uniden doesn’t respond. Period. It gives me the impression they don’t care... with the attitude of “If you are gonna complain about it, go someplace else for your scanner needs!” So they aren’t going to say squat simply because we don’t understand why they did something. Best possible outcome for your predicament going forward;

Give it time, as you say it’s on the shelf and it’s going to stay there for some time. Loose the sledge hammer idea. You know what they say about hammers... when you are a hammer everything looks like a nail! Once the frustration ebbs, and it will, (believe me, you ain’t the only one pissed off at some of the bone-head moves Uniden has made), re-visit the SD card mount. It’s happened to me also. I still remember holding the metal cover in the palm of my hand, wondering what happened? So, you aren’t alone. And it’s re-assembly is doable provided the part(s) haven’t been bent out of shape. (Even if they have, an understanding of how the mount works (comparing it to a fully functional unit) might get it back in shape to where the cover can be reattached.

dougjgray

In all fairness to uniden most micro sd slots i have have used on phones are pretty delicate and flimsy as well although phones seem to have gone to the slide out tray for sim and sd card.. Maybe in the future uniden will try that design

Arkmood

SD door came off mine and used this method to fix - Note: will be unable to use Batteries

Wedge some type of non conductive material up against the sd card so it fits snug between the card and back battery cover. SD card makes contact - radio fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.