SD Statewide P25 Type II

Status
Not open for further replies.

squadradio

Feed Provider
Does the original SD Statewide P25 Type II system still use those funky band-plans? I can't seem to find any info in the database. Got a new scanner and want to program the system in. Planning a trip west in July and will be monitoring along the way.

This is what I had from a few years back.

sd_custom_bandplan.jpg
Thanks in advance.

Mark

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Which system are you referring to, the 880A Type II SmartZone system, or the 1D6 P25 Phase II system? They are two separate systems, and not the same thing.

Edit: You mentioned "original" so I assume you're referring to the Type II system, not the P25 system. The answer is yes, the custom band plan for VHF must be entered in order for the scanner to properly track the system.

bbtkd

Feed Provider
If you use software like freescan or proscan you can have it use radioreference to do most of the programming for you. You select the system, towers, and talkgroups. The towers have all the frequency setups for you.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you use software like freescan or proscan you can have it use radioreference to do most of the programming for you. You select the system, towers, and talkgroups. The towers have all the frequency setups for you.
What they won't have is the custom VHF band plan, which is critical for trunk tracking a Motorola Type II system. Unlike P25 systems, which broadcast the band plan over the control channels, Type II systems do not, and therefore need to be manually entered into the scanner, otherwise you will hear absolutely nothing.

bbtkd

Feed Provider
What they won't have is the custom VHF band plan, which is critical for trunk tracking a Motorola Type II system. Unlike P25 systems, which broadcast the band plan over the control channels, Type II systems do not, and therefore need to be manually entered into the scanner, otherwise you will hear absolutely nothing.

I've been using freescan/proscan and radioreference to program many different Uniden scanner models (BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, SDS100) for over 15 years with no issues, including my feed scanner. It does handle the Motorola Type II system in SD, never had to manually set the band plan.

Last edited:

squadradio

Feed Provider
Which system are you referring to, the 880A Type II SmartZone system, or the 1D6 P25 Phase II system? They are two separate systems, and not the same thing.

Edit: You mentioned "original" so I assume you're referring to the Type II system, not the P25 system. The answer is yes, the custom band plan for VHF must be entered in order for the scanner to properly track the system.

Then since I couldn't locate any info for the custom band plan for the original Type II system, is what I posted in the "pic" the current and correct band plan entries for this system?

squadradio

Feed Provider
I've been using freescan/proscan and radioreference to program many different Uniden scanner models (BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, SDS100) for over 15 years with no issues, including my feed scanner. It does handle the Motorola Type II system in SD, never had to manually set the band plan.

Are you monitoring the SD statewide Type II system? If so are you saying there is no need to enter a custom band plan? My older BCD996 scanner needed the custom band plan entered in order to work. Pretty sure the pic I posted with my initial post came from that scanner.

bbtkd

Feed Provider
Then since I couldn't locate any info for the custom band plan for the original Type II system, is what I posted in the "pic" the current and correct band plan entries for this system?
Are you monitoring the SD statewide Type II system? If so are you saying there is no need to enter a custom band plan? My older BCD996 scanner needed the custom band plan entered in order to work. Pretty sure the pic I posted with my initial post came from that scanner.

This is what I have for the SD Motorola Type II SmartZone statewide system. I never entered it, it was setup for me when I added the current SD digital system using radioreference and freescan/proscan;

1656201258100.png

Identical to yours, except the upper on line one. I can't say mine is correct, but it's what he software sets up from radioreference, and I haven't had any issues. Perhaps they've increased it to add frequencies to accommodate more traffic.

Last edited:

squadradio

Feed Provider
This is what I have for the SD Motorola Type II SmartZone statewide system. I never entered it, it was setup for me when I added the current SD digital system using radioreference and freescan/proscan;

View attachment 123415

Identical to yours, except the upper on line one. I can't say mine is correct, but it's what he software sets up from radioreference, and I haven't had any issues. Perhaps they've increased it to add frequencies to accommodate more traffic.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.