SD100 slower than BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
Just got an SDS100. It’s considerably slower than the BCD436HP. Any suggestions?

i have:
Latest firmware
Frequencies sorted in order
Tried with Filter on “OFF”, “AUTo”. , and “invert “

no luck

do I just return it? Side by side with 436hp I’m missing lots of transmissions 😖

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Just got an SDS100. It’s considerably slower than the BCD436HP. Any suggestions?

i have:
Latest firmware
Frequencies sorted in order
Tried with Filter on “OFF”, “AUTo”. , and “invert “

no luck

do I just return it? Side by side with 436hp I’m missing lots of transmissions 😖

For what it's worth, my SDS100 is also slower to load and scan memory channels/data than my BCD436HP. I use the same Sentinel software to program both radios, so I believe the difference in speed may simply be the result of the design differences between the two.

The SDS100 is a software designed radio optimized for digital signal reception and doesn't seem to perform quite as well as the '436 with analog signals, something even Paul Opitz, the now-deceased head of scanner development for Uniden, acknowledged.

You'll love your SDS100 a lot more than your '436 when it comes to digital simulcast systems!

Happy monitoring . . .

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

Ubbe

The SDS100s scanrate are 45ch/s and the BCD436 are 80ch/s. If you program both scanners identical you will probably see a huge difference, if you do not only have trunked systems in your scanlists where it needs to hold for at least 1,5 sec on the sites. Then the scanrate will be of much less importance.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.