SDFD "12 November"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
SDFD Batt Chief will be switching to "12 November" to communicate with a US Coast Guard helicopter inbound Mission Valley for a rescue. WTH is 12N?

Paul

mrg1std

Premium Subscriber
Recently the Oceanside Fire Dept. requested a Coast Guard helicopter to search a lagoon on the Oceanside/Carlsbad border. The fire dept was able to contact the helo on a Coast Guard marine channel. I'm guessing SPFD did the same thing. I can't remember what the marine channel was.

Bill

Cerbium

They ended up communicating on VFIRE 21, they also requested the helicopter again this morning and were told to use VFIRE 21, Copter 12 ended up going out instead of the Coast Guard helicopter this morning though,

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Very curious what 12N could be...I am not aware of USCG helicopters having RCS/SD City 800 radios on board...isn't the "N" in each fire zone the direct simplex channel now?

Paul

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Very curious what 12N could be...I am not aware of USCG helicopters having RCS/SD City 800 radios on board...isn't the "N" in each fire zone the direct simplex channel now?

Paul

It is, for the Unified Fire Fleetmap (Zones 1 - 11). The City's Zone 12 is agency-specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.