Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Batt chief just told Metro to change the channel assignment to 11A. :-\

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I think the robot got confused. After Battalion 1 told Metro to change it to 11A, the robot got upset and redispatched Battaion 1 on 12A in spite. :p

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
12A is Travel.

I might have just found it on the Valley Fire. TG 2442 (dec). They referred to “Twelve Alpha”, but also one of the strike teams was 6412 so there’s a chance they were shortening a strike team 6412A. I will try and confirm. :)

disp10

Premium Subscriber
The old “11A” is “12A” for agencies that’s have undergone the final touch programming. Not everyone has been reprogrammed so there is some confusion right now. There should be a new talk group number for the final “11A”. Also a whole slew of Zone 12 talkgroups. Good luck!

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
So I think the source of the confusion is that TG 39 is still active and still being called “11 Alpha” and “Travel” as of today.

But if they’re calling TG 2442 “11A” also, then that must be the NEW 11A while TG 39 is transitioning to “12 Alpha” but some departments haven’t reprogrammed yet so it’s still “11A” to them... 🤯

It actually sounds like some firefighters were starting to call it 11A, catching themselves and then calling it “Travel” instead. This is probably why.

Mike_G_D

Based on what I heard yesterday that sounds about right. Hear a sort of "roll call" on 11A Travel on both 2442 and 39; some units responded on one while others on the other TG and discussion of "radio problems".

Alain

Just monitoring my "unknown" list and this came up on the above T/G 5 minutes ago, ",,,Brush 191, are you en route to rendezvous?" "Uh...6416 Task Force, One Gulf is our radio channel." That's it.

Any ideas which agency this might be?

SDBud

Just monitoring my "unknown" list and this came up on the above T/G 5 minutes ago, ",,,Brush 191, are you en route to rendezvous?" "Uh...6416 Task Force, One Gulf is our radio channel." That's it.

Any ideas which agency this might be?

1 Gulf (1G) is in use on the Santee brush fire, as their primary tac channel;. Also using 1H, and 1 F is Command.
They have at least 3 strike teams last I heard, may be more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.