SDFR dispatch

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Have noticed that a human is doing the dispatching on SDFR. Any idea if it a computerized dispatch system issue or did they give up?

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
It looks like the computer stopped late on Nov 16 and the dispatchers picked up the duties around 10am on the 17th. Not sure why.

celbaseman

Feed Provider
Noticed that on Dispatches, instead of tones being generated, so sort of other sound is comes out, like a muffled sonar pulse????

Is this a new thing, or wonder if something broke?

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
I believe it has been that way since they went to the computer voice dispatcher. I'm not sure if it is the regular tones just super over modulated or just a different sound.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Noticed that on Dispatches, instead of tones being generated, so sort of other sound is comes out, like a muffled sonar pulse????

Is this a new thing, or wonder if something broke?
It’s been like this the whole time. They are so muffled you can barely tell they are tones. Fine on the 800 MHz sites. My educated guess is that specific frequency of those tones is being filtered out by the analog to digital codec used by P25, and the dispatch console fire is using is generating the tones analog and trying to convert to digital rather than the other way around.

Elpablo

It does seem like there might have been a software upgrade as the tones on Metro's dispatch on the RCS, (for South Bay), sound more like bells than beeps now. I do agree with inigo88's post above description of the difference between the sound on the 800 vs. the 700 system. Hopefully, the next update might clean that up.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I believe they are using audio files of a car door open keys in ignition chime, and the sound of a fetal heartbeat on a sonogram.

Paul