SDFR "Simulcast" Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
The past 4 or so times I have travelled to San Diego (I live in LA), I have chosen to monitor the San Diego Fire's dispatch simulcast talkgroup as opposed to 7B. For those that are not familiar with this simulcast talkgroup, it is the exact same thing as 7B but provides a 4 digit DTMF code, translating to the station being toned out. (Kinda giving a sense of where the call is, if you can mentally decode DTMF). I am here today and I am not receiving any comms on this channel. Since I am only visiting for the day, I am unable to monitor the talkgroup after tonight. But I am interested to know, has this talkgroup become deprecated or changed? Is it off the air temporarily or has a new system come into play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that also. Listening to the FS Alert TG, I just heard DTMF for the San Pasqual station, but the dispatch was voiced on 7B. FS Alert has been quiet otherwise.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
About 5 minutes ago I heard the DTMF for one call. That's the only time I have heard anything on it all day. Dispatch on 7B only.

jmarshl

Premium Subscriber
I just heard fire dispatching on 7A with the 3 beep alert tone but no DTMF. I am not hearing the simulcast talkgroup. Considering it is a weekend, there is not much fire dispatch traffic.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
One of my SDFD sources said there is a new dispatch system now operating that is computer based. I presume it has replaced the DTMF signalling (at least as a primary method).

disp10

Premium Subscriber
DTMF is rarely used now. All San Diego City and Poway stations have new alerting systems in place. The "FS Alert" talkgroup is unselected unless needed for a specific station with a station alerting problem.

Dispatches should be going out on both 7A and 7B.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
What all is 7A used for? i know it is the admin channel but who monitors?

KJ6ZNS

Channel 7A is used to contact the dispatcher when not on an assignment/incident, or when not assigned another channel. Channel 7B is for outbound dispatch traffic ONLY. The dispatcher is the ONLY one that transmits on channel 7B, so 7A is used to talk to the dispatcher for non incident related traffic.

jmarshl

Premium Subscriber
Channel 7A is used to contact the dispatcher when not on an assignment/incident, or when not assigned another channel. Channel 7B is for outbound dispatch traffic ONLY. The dispatcher is the ONLY one that transmits on channel 7B, so 7A is used to talk to the dispatcher for non incident related traffic.

Nice to know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.