SDPD Callsigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwilde94

Does anyone know how the callsigns are formatted now that there's the new Northwestern Division? Also, do the callsigns have anything to do with the beats? For example, 61x for OB/PL/Midway and 62x for Midtown/Oldtown/Mission Valley? Or do they just go off their own system? And if the 900's are used for the new Nortwestern Division, then how are traffic units formatted now?

I've looked at scandiego.com but I'm pretty sure it's old and hasn't been updated in a while.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
900s are Northwestern Div.

Traffic units are integrated into the Division unit numbering, frequently as a -04, -05, or -06 unit (106T, 304T, etc.).

carlt

K6CDO is correct, with these additions
City wide or not division assigned traffic units are 39##T or M or S.
PEO and other traffic related non-sworn units are 32##.

Yes, unit call signs are # for division, ## for beat, X for type of unit

StevenS

I am just curious, is there a version of this out there that contains more detail with respect to the streets?

http://www.sandiego.gov/police/pdf/2...itywidemap.pdf

As I zoom in, I still get the borders of the various neighborhoods/beats, but no street names. I would love to get a version of this that has more detail to hang up in my shack, but so far I have not been able to find any other version.

W6KRU

I am just curious, is there a version of this out there that contains more detail with respect to the streets?

http://www.sandiego.gov/police/pdf/2...itywidemap.pdf

As I zoom in, I still get the borders of the various neighborhoods/beats, but no street names. I would love to get a version of this that has more detail to hang up in my shack, but so far I have not been able to find any other version.

That link results in a Not Found.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
SDPD has division assigned traffic units, but when not handling in area calls, they respond to all major 11-80's across the city as well. 3900 units are the old designators for the DUI Enforcement teams, which were disbanded, and now handle DUI's and crashes using the same 3900 designations. Politics. :)

Paul

StevenS

Sorry Dan. For some reason when I link directly to the PDF it does not seem to want to open. Here is the main link: Neighborhood Divisions | San Diego Police Department When you click the link and the page loads, just click the link in the center of the page. You will see a link for "Map of Police Department Divisions and Neighborhoods". Click that link, and you will see the map to which I am referring. The trouble is that when I zoom, in all I see are lines for the streets, but no street name detail. The problem with this is that I have to then compare the section I am looking at to a map with street names to be able to tell what is contained in a particular neighborhood/beat. I was hoping there was something out there that was more comprehensive (indication of neighborhood/beat + street name detail) so that I would not have to refer to two different information sources.. I am just curious to know if this in fact exists somewhere as it would be very handy to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.