SDPD Encrypted tacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Heard another switch to "Eastern Tac" this morning. Talkgroup was 46416, encrypted obviously. This is the third time I have heard SDPD switch to the new encrypted tacs for comms. The first time was an incident with ABLE and worked on Northern tac. Second was an incident involving a dead body found in Balboa Park, that worked on Central Tac with ABLE. Then this morning, some unknown FLIR search call with ABLE working on Eastern tac.

The common theme here is ABLE calling for the comms to move to the encrypted channels. I used to like helicopters...now, not so much. :-\

Paul

dsefcik

These TAC's are not listed in the RR DB? I have not heard ABLE switching to different TAC's yet, bummer if that is the new norm.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The channels are not in the database yet, I am trying to log them as I get the chance. It is easier at night, because when they switch to an encrypted talkgroup at 1AM, you just need to identify the lone encrypted talkgroup that then pops up. I can imagine in the near future these encrypted tacs replacing Dispatch 2 channels for routine secondary communications.

Paul

allend

Premium Subscriber
Just give it some time and when they completely move over to this new 700 mhz system you will see a lot of LE go silent but hopefully not all of it. Its just a matter of time. All of the surrounding counties are all on board and all in full force to lock everything down. The scary thing is that once they get LE situated and taken care of down the road is Fire and that's when its real real. OC is already rebanding right now and upgrading this year to Phase I FDMA and LE has been gone of course. I believe they want to take everything else on their system to go dark. It's really scary times from what I have heard is the Fire Chiefs are on board if they get their way. They want to take all of Public Works and Hospital are gone for sure and Lifeguards I heard is going too. RED and AirCall have been in the clear for years and this will be gone for sure. Its crazy how eventually they will take everything away from the public. We all see it happening.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6610

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I've heard the FD Chiefs in Orange County are against the push for them to go encrypted. If all the tactical traffic in San Diego were to move to day to day full time encryption, it would not hurt the publics ability to know what is breaking out in their neighborhood. Mostly it would affect us in the news media who rely heavily on tac traffic to determine the viability of a story as they lay out details and updated information on an occurrence. The exception to that would be long term working incidents, where an active incident would just "go dark", and you would only be able to guess what is happening from the amount of gunfire you are hearing. :-O

Paul

dsefcik

Even TAC traffic never seems to revealing to me. My son says whenever they don't want the media to hear what's going on they just 10-21. It would be nice to know any new encrypted TAC channels...so thanks in advance.

novacheck

Well I have not been listening and was going to look at the new scanners that will be out soon but guess no reason now. So sad how the PD is not transparent anymore when it comes to this. Honestly stop Encrypting let people listen via scanners only cut the web feeds that will help with less of the bad people listening in and even require a license or background check for scanners. Why keep the law abiding citizens form listening and knowing what the gun shots are from because we all see how bad San Diego is getting I have family that wont even come visit anymore between crime, and the homeless problems. Again we pay the Police Chiefs salary he should be just as transparent as the last Chief was (she was great). We need to get the media, and others to start making some major noise now before its too late or lets all just face it and give up listening to PD. Not sure what else anyone can say or do so we might as well just give up.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I believe that the moderators will lock or close any thread that goes "anti encryption", so be mindful of that.

Paul

novacheck

Don’t see why they would block a discussion with facts in it? Last I’ll say anything about it because like I said only choice we have is to accept it right?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I believe that the moderators will lock or close any thread that goes "anti encryption", so be mindful of that.

Paul

Not true.

If the thread drifts into Live Audio and Encryption, we ask the participants to take that debate to the thread in the Tavern specifically set up for that topic.

Cellbaseman

Dont know why you want, but here they are....

Nor. 46576
n/e. 46608
eas. 46640
s/e. 46672
cen. 46704
wes. 46736
sou. 46768
mid. 46800
ncw. 46832

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I think the only thing stopping SDPD from using these new tacs more frequently, is the patrol officers inexperience in accessing them. As with the RCS, they are customizing the officers radio zones so that these tacs are instantly accessible by just turning a knob. Any time you ask an officer to start using the menu or changing zones, it typically doesn't go well.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Just heard a unit on Mid City Dispatch 2 say "Switch over to that new Mid City tac, the encrypted one that no one can hear us on". :-(

Paul

f40ph

Feed Provider
Just heard a unit on Mid City Dispatch 2 say "Switch over to that new Mid City tac, the encrypted one that no one can hear us on". :-(

Paul

No one can hear us...except the hundreds of other users from other agencies with the same radio... :)

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Not much activity on the encrypted area tacs the last few days, but I was surprised to see the most active encrypted talkgroup is.... INQUIRY! It moved to TG 46416 and encrypted. Very anticlimactic when I finally figured that one out. :)

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Not much activity on the encrypted area tacs the last few days, but I was surprised to see the most active encrypted talkgroup is.... INQUIRY! It moved to TG 46416 and encrypted. Very anticlimactic when I finally figured that one out. :)

Yeah, for a month or two they had old Inquiry patched with SDPD Tac 1, while they got units moved over to the new talkgroup.

Paul

JoeyC

There are new encrypted channels called Investigative Tac B and C (at least those two) that were in use on Sunday during the deployment to the border.

dsefcik

Heard the TAC B on Sunday...in general it seems the last 6 months or so the normal D1 channels have been quieter than normal with long nulls between calls...keep thinking my antenna has come off or something.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Based on monitoring the last few days I've confirmed 46416 is Inquiry 1 (Encrypted). I strongly suspect 46512 is Inquiry 2 (Encrypted), because both are dispatch talkgroups. I've seen dispatch come up on a few others but on an infrequent basis only.

Status
Not open for further replies.