SDPD "Local" channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

A homicide investigation is underway and SDPD is clearing an underground structure. Because of bad radio reception, ABLE suggested the units switch to the "local" channel. The dispatcher called it Central Local. ABLE was going to relay information from units using it. Anyone know what frequencies these are or would they just be be simplex operation over one of the repeater outputs?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I was just coming here to post this. I am on scene of this homicide, doing a custom search on 763-769 and 851-857MHz (am I searching the correct bandspreads?), as well as CLose Call...nothing so far, maybe they are encrypted :(

Paul

JoeyC

I was just coming here to post this. I am on scene of this homicide, doing a custom search on 763-769 and 851-857MHz (am I searching the correct bandspreads?), as well as CLose Call...nothing so far, maybe they are encrypted :(

Paul
I knew you would be ON it Paul. Good luck!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Not getting ANY hits on 700 or 800, analog, or digital. Just noticed I have the wrong 700 band, I set upper to 772MHz, cntinuing to monitor.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Not sure what else to try...763-772 and 851-857, no hits at all except RCS and SD City trunking repeaters. The only thing I can think of that would cause line of site no hits would be encryption. I am litterally staring at the parking structure the officers are in.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
If those are in the 763-772 or 851-857, then negative.

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
If anyone has access to FCC list maybe of SD City licensed 700 and 800 non trunked frequencies I can put into a scan list for when in close proximity to a "local" or new "PRT repeater" incident, please post.

Paul

SDBud

A homicide investigation is underway and SDPD is clearing an underground structure. Because of bad radio reception, ABLE suggested the units switch to the "local" channel. The dispatcher called it Central Local. ABLE was going to relay information from units using it. Anyone know what frequencies these are or would they just be be simplex operation over one of the repeater outputs?

"local" is also call CenTac, or any other division (NorTac, WestTac, etc..).
Each dispatch channel now has their own encrypted tac talkgroup.

Used quite a bit during the protests a few months back..

It is NOT unusual for users to think anything new will work better than old stuff, EVEN if it is just the same, really.

BTW, ASTREA now has encryption in THEIR radio, and can talk to Escondido direct,
but NOT yet to Chula Vista.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
They had "no comms" going down into the parking structure, so they were relaying using "local". It is doubtful they would switch to an encrypted talkgroup if their trunking system was not able to connect underground. Hopefully, they, like the fire departments, will have chosen to keep simplex as analog, as to increase range and readability in dificult situations where they would need to employ simplex.

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
They had "no comms" going down into the parking structure, so they were relaying using "local". It is doubtful they would switch to an encrypted talkgroup if their trunking system was not able to connect underground. Hopefully, they, like the fire departments, will have chosen to keep simplex as analog, as to increase range and readability in dificult situations where they would need to employ simplex.

Agreed Paul, although like the RCS “CARS” channels I wouldn’t be surprised if they made them simplex P25 digital instead of analog.

I suspect SDPD “LOCAL” is a simplex frequency in the 760-776 MHz or 850-860 MHz range. I recall the incident in question and Cen Tac was not in use at the time.

For what it’s worth there are other city 700/800 MHz simplex frequencies still waiting to be found as well, such as “Lifeguard Direct”, which has been used a lot lately as tactical for cliff rescues around the Sunset Cliffs area.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I was searching with help for FCC database frequencies for San Diego City to put into a search bank in my scanner, but they all appeared to be trunking channels :(

Lifeguard Direct 865.100MHz PL 131.8 :cool:

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Lifeguard Direct 865.100MHz PL 131.8 :cool:

Doh I forgot all about that thread! @disp10 to the rescue! :)

That thread is from back in 2018, which I believe was prior to SD county going through 800 MHz rebanding. @disp10 do you know if LG DIR has gone through rebanding with the rest of them and moved down to the 850-860 MHz range, and if so do you know what the new frequency/tone is? I strongly suspect that it has, because leaving it on 865.100 MHz would put it smack dab in the middle of an AT&T cell tower nowadays.

JoeyC

Anyone heard anything on this 771.23125 freq?

Was unable to find anything licensed on that freq, but did find the following licenses for mobile units (not trunked) for the city, and county.
Not sure if they could be MDT freqs or what. Haven't heard anything on any of them either.

County:

City:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Looks like all input frequencies. I was sweeping 700MHz the other night at a Marquez SWAT raid, got a hit on 770.16875 with a non SD City NAC of 2A5, no audio, thought it was the new encrypted PRT Repeater, then figured out it was the Donavan trunking system CC.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.