SDR# and Airspy Stuttering Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhall7

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Recently, I noticed that my Airspy R2 and SDR# are stuttering when playing back audio. I tried a brand new vanilla install of SDR#, build 1771 (and 1777), but I'm still getting stuttering audio.

Here's a capture of the symptoms:

I have never experienced this issue prior to about a month ago. Anyone else having this issue, or have any suggestions?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I would try looking at system resources to see if anything is maxed out and see what other programs are running.

bhall7

Premium Subscriber
It's a newer system, and system resources are all within very normal, low utilization. What's weird is that I never had any issues until I think 1771 which was the version of SDR# that supported multiple "slices" or instances.

bhall7

Premium Subscriber
OK, so it's not just me. At least there's one other person experiencing this. 😉

mbott

Premium Subscriber
v1779 released today. V1778 was released earlier and it kept throwing exceptions. No stuttering here, though, but also using the HF+ Discovery.

--
Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
BTW Note that there is a dedicated Airspy / SDR# on the popular groups.io reflector...

Mike

Benkasey

Premium Subscriber
I am running the 1780 build from today. The "stuttering" or "crackling" as I call it happens on both my Airspy and RTL USB dongles. For the Airspy the crackling goes away if I reduce the Sample Rate from 10 to 2.5. For the RTL, lower sample rate doesn't help much but if I reduce the RF gain to 16db when receiving a strong signal the crackling goes away. This crackling did not occur in older builds. I can't say exactly with which build this problem started occurring.

Hardware: Core I7, 4GHZ. 32 gig ram. SSD. Windows 10 20H2 build. Realtec audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.