SDR# and DSD + APCO 25 phase 1 decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesgs

It been a long time since I played around with this using an SDR dongle and the software. I guess really has not changed so much. I can see really fast packets in the DOS window scroll by and am using the VB-cable driver (free) version. Am I correct in stating I will not be able to decode the audio without Unitrunker? I remember it was like 3 pieces of software were needed to "see" the data and hear the audio. I also do not want to truck-track with two devices (SDR's) just monitor one control channel for text and sound.

Looking at the youtube videos and reading through the RTL-SDR.com tutorials I am missing something. DOes anyone have a simply step by step they can refer me to

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Open your wallet and pay the $10 for the Fastlane upgrade version of DSD+. One piece of software, no VB cable or Unitrunker required to listen to Phase 1 (or other digital protocols.)

danesgs

Open your wallet and pay the $10 for the Fastlane upgrade version of DSD+. One piece of software, no VB cable or Unitrunker required to listen to Phase 1 (or other digital protocols.)
Outstanding! I guess I google DSD fastlane?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, just trying to figure out how to set it up. Are there docs with this software?
There are readme files included with the software, but no formal manual. It takes an intermediate level of computer user sophistication to set it up properly - it is not "plug and play," and you need to follow the readme files carefully. Also invest in good quality TCXO SDRs; I use two Nooelecs Black. There are tons of resources on the internet, but many are outdated or otherwise inaccurate, so stick to the readme files.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
It been a long time since I played around with this using an SDR dongle and the software. I guess really has not changed so much. I can see really fast packets in the DOS window scroll by and am using the VB-cable driver (free) version. Am I correct in stating I will not be able to decode the audio without Unitrunker? I remember it was like 3 pieces of software were needed to "see" the data and hear the audio. I also do not want to truck-track with two devices (SDR's) just monitor one control channel for text and sound.

Looking at the youtube videos and reading through the RTL-SDR.com tutorials I am missing something. DOes anyone have a simply step by step they can refer me to

You might give SDRTrunk a try. I'd recommend trying out the 0.5.0 Alpha 4. Just scroll down to assets and download the windows version.

Depending on how close the CC is to the voice channels, you may get away with using only having one SDR dongle.
Now, here is a video demonstration/tutorial of SDRTrunk, it may help you out as well.

danesgs

Thanks to all, I am not a software guy. Spent 26 years in break-fix hardware/software issues with the DOD and Heathkit. So I am much better at hardware issues but I have hacked (so to speak) or played around with software for hours on end to get things to work. Last real programming I ever did was in the 1980's getting our ET-18 Hero robot to say complete sentences for demos to auto CEO's (programming in hex). Will try the SDRtrunk as well. Eventually I will get it to work.

KJ4DGE

Status
Not open for further replies.