SDR and MDC Decode

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiredwrx

I would like to decode and log MDC using my SDR. I have tried SDRTrunk, which said it had an MDC decoder, but I could not find it. I have an email to the programmer, perhaps I am missing something.

I also have WinMDCD, and it will decode when I feed audio from a scanner into the soundcard. But, I can't figure out how to get it to decode directly from the SDR audio. Can anyone help?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
You need to use VB Cable or Virtual Audio Cable to pipe audio from SDR software to external apps, such as WinMDCD. Either of those 2 are pretty much mandatory for SDR use, as far as I'm concerned. VB Cable is free VAC is not (demo version is available, but has an audio "watermark" every 5 seconds or so).

wiredwrx

I am using VB cable. I have tried to get the audio to MDCD, but I don't see a setting to choose that input in MDCD. I did set the windows default input device to VB Cable, and restarted MDCD, and set SDR to output to VB Cable, but still nothing. I am going to start playing with levels, and see what I can get going. The other problem is, how can I still hear the transmission if I am out putting SDR# to MDCD. It is not like DSD which then has an output for the audio?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately I don't have the software in front of me, but there should be a way to select the input.

With SDR# you can only have 1 VFO. With SDR Console, you can have up to 7. When I have used WinMDCD in the past I would have 2 VFO's on the same frequency with one piped to WinMDCD and the other playing the audio. Other than having a separate scanner or SDR with a second instance of SDR#, I'm not sure how you would accomplish listening to voice at the same time.

wiredwrx

Thanks. I will look into the MDCD application folder, and see if I see an ini or something. I will also check out SDR Console.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
I would like to decode and log MDC using my SDR. I have tried SDRTrunk, which said it had an MDC decoder, but I could not find it. I have an email to the programmer, perhaps I am missing something.

I also have WinMDCD, and it will decode when I feed audio from a scanner into the soundcard. But, I can't figure out how to get it to decode directly from the SDR audio. Can anyone help?

In SDRTrunk, on the decoder tab, select the NBFM (Narrowband FM) decoder and on the Aux (auxiliary decoders), select the MDC1200 decoder.

MDC1200 and Fleetsync will both work simultaneously with the primary NBFM, LTR, LTR-Net and Passport decoders.

Denny

Status
Not open for further replies.