SDR# SDR# Audio Recorder Plugin - just White Noise / Hiss on recordings

G7GHS

SDR# v1.0.0.1919
Audio Recorder v1.3.5.0
Windows 10 & Windows 11
Realtek integrated Audio Card

The Audio Recorder appears to just record record White Noise/Hiss, when triggered.
It used to work before I started using the DSD Interface Plugin.
The basic Audio Simple Recorder still works.

Have tried a complete reinstall of SDR# and just adding the Audio Recorder plugin, but problem persists. I have tried using different sample rates. I have tried mapping the audio output to different Windows audio devices (using SDR# Audio settings).

Any help or advice - happy to supply further evidence or logs if needed.
A bit frustrated as I use Audio Recorder plugin more than DSD, really found it useful. wish I had never installed DSD now, which appears to be the only change I have made since it stopped working ;-(

Thanks
Darren

radiosweden

I started a thread just an hour before you with basically the same question and problem, but your subject is perhaps more correct. (Will remove my thread)

The issue seems to come from changes in SDR# and how audio is presented to the plugins where audio levels and or type(?) has completely changed.

I have the same issue with 1919 and the latest Audio Recorder 1.3.6.0.

There is probably an update needed in the plugin to work with changes in SDR#. We can only wait for (and thank!) anyone working for free with our little plugins.

An additional question i had was if anyone knew which version of SDR# the change was made in?

thewraith2008

I have created a fix for this a few weeks back and gave to a few for testing.

The issue was to do with a change in SDR# (v1918?) audio stream where the plug-in no longer needs to apply any gain to the audio of the later SDR# versions.

There already exists a way to change these gains (KeyValue pair in the SDR# config file) but not down to the lowest level required, it requires an updated DLL to work.

I will not be able to do anything further about it until weekend.

G7GHS

This is fabulous news!!
And thanks for the prompt reply
I'm just relieved I hadn't broke it :)

Thank you so much for all you do for the plugin community

Darren