SDR Audio Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Wait I thought you were recording the audio from a Uniden BCD536HP not software defined radio. If you want to talk about SDR it should be in the appropriate SDR thread and not here to avoid confusion

Indeed. I have moved all posts regarding this SDR recording out of the
x36HP thread.
bbems22: Your recording (while nice) had nothing to do with Uniden Scanners or
the x36HP line of scanners.
In the future please post threads in the appropriate forums.
Going to move this to the SDR Forum.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Indeed. I have moved all posts regarding this SDR recording out of the
x36HP thread.
bbems22: Your recording (while nice) had nothing to do with Uniden Scanners or
the x36HP line of scanners.
In the future please post threads in the appropriate forums.
Going to move this to the SDR Forum.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Man was I looking forward to spending a bunch of cash off this posting thinking it was the new handheld....lol But now you have me looking into SDR. So, thanks for the lesson. ;)

N8IAA

bbems, this is the route that I wish Uniden had gone, SDR scanners. I would have paid for that kind of P-25 decoding.
The only system I've ever heard with that kind of clarity, is the conventional P-25 repeater system in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park.
Please PM me with what you are using. Am very interested in trying this myself.
Thanks for sharing
Larry

br0adband

I get similar sounding audio using DSD+ these days. I've got limited P25 communications here in the Las Vegas area (just Nellis AFB and the TSA from McCarran Airport, maybe a smidgen on the SNACC system from time to time as well) and it's pretty obvious this person has to be using DSD+ to get this kind of audio quality.

That is, assuming this is "SDR" meaning the person is using a "cheap USB TV tuner" RTL stick as the tuner and DSD+ as the P25 decoder. The original DSD would never sound like this unless you added quite a bit of midrange and high end EQ to the audio pathway, but DSD+ has this kind of audio quality by default in my experience with using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.