SDR Console Capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant888

Hello again,

I've recently downloaded SDR Console; and I used the remote connection setting.
My question is how can I input my local police frequencies, because the User Interface is a little to complicated for me to figure out. :p

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

br0adband

SDR-Radio aka SDR Console really isn't a "scanner" type application. The best you're going to be able to muster with it is to program your local police/etc frequencies into the available memory slots (there are 100 in a 10 bank with 10 slots per bank iirc as I don't have it installed presently). It's still not going to "scan" them unfortunately as you must manually select the one you want at any given moment.

While that application is quite useful and has a lot of great features including some pretty good voice audio output (at least to me it sounds great because of the filtering used) it's not really going to suffice as a scanner-type fast hopping tool, that's best left for SDR# using plugins.

And yes it is a rather complicated piece of software but putting in the time and effort required to become familiar with the functions it's capable of is worth it in my opinion but that's a given for anything - learning never stops. ;)

ant888

SDR-Radio aka SDR Console really isn't a "scanner" type application. The best you're going to be able to muster with it is to program your local police/etc frequencies into the available memory slots (there are 100 in a 10 bank with 10 slots per bank iirc as I don't have it installed presently). It's still not going to "scan" them unfortunately as you must manually select the one you want at any given moment.

While that application is quite useful and has a lot of great features including some pretty good voice audio output (at least to me it sounds great because of the filtering used) it's not really going to suffice as a scanner-type fast hopping tool, that's best left for SDR# using plugins.

And yes it is a rather complicated piece of software but putting in the time and effort required to become familiar with the functions it's capable of is worth it in my opinion but that's a given for anything - learning never stops. ;)
Hm, it seems to not be picking up anything... I input my local police too...

Status
Not open for further replies.