SDR# Empty Plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Hey gang, I decided I wanted to rewrite my SDR# trunking plugin, so I went to download an empty plugin from the source code zip located at:   SDR# Plugins but small problem - the "Empty Plugin" isn't empty! A look around the SDRSharp Yahoo group revealed a link to the empty plugin project, but the folder it points to is now empty (ha, ironic). More google searches revealed the same link, but no actual project.

Does anyone still have the empty plugin project as it existed before a bunch of stuff got added to it? It was a great starting point for my trunking plugin.

Thanks!
-AZ

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Well, no takers.....but I noticed that Zefie's mod included source code so I've already starting tinkering with that. Here's where we are so far:

1. Fixed the problem single stick users might run into with delay retune set. I added a textbox that you can put the control channel frequency in (and the plugin will autopopulate this for you when SDRSharp starts up with whatever frequency it last tuned to, to make it easier) so it won't hang on the control channel anymore. It now pretty accurately switches from control channel to voice channel and back again - still gets stuck at times but I'm working on that. I think I can fix that by getting the minimum signal detection working properly so squelch does not need to be used.

2. Once I get those fixed, the next step will be to change the plugin to read data from Unitrunker's log files rather than the sdrtrunking log file. This will allow users to set up a scan list rather than just tune to whatever Unitrunker wants to plop in that file. So if ten talkgroups are active including one that you care about, then the one you care about will be the one tuned. This will also eliminate the need for a "debug" receiver to be running in Unitrunker. Unitrunker will just simply log the activity on the control channel and the plugin will decide what channels to tune to.

3. I will also add a few nice to haves such as a separate display window, the ability to search, scan or hold on talkgroups and any other ideas I think up as I go along. The end goal is to provide a plugin that (along with Unitrunker, DSD and SDR#) can allow single stick RTL-SDR users to have a fully working digital trunking scanner. Zefie, if you're reading this, hit me up and let me know how to get the finished code into your hands so you can post it as an update on your website. I'm hoping to have this done before New Years.

If anyone has any feature requests beyond what I've already listed above, reply to the thread and let me know what you want - if it's feasible, I'll do my best to add it in.

Merry Christmas everyone!
-AZ

garys

Premium Subscriber
This is a pretty neat project. Everything you describe would be nice additions to the SDR#-Unitrunker set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.