SDR# Frequency files

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrubaker

Finally got Frequency Manager Suite to work with SDR# Little did I know it was the program. Anyway.

Is there a repository of Frequency files somewhere? I would like to have a group for just the Mil Air band and don't mind doing all the input but if there exists such a .db file somewhere that would save a bunch of time. Mind you I don't see an import feature anywhere and I did a somewhat extensive search here and through Google and am not finding much. I even tried converting an old spreadsheet into .db format but can't finger out how to import it into SDR# FM.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ähm... first where are you from?!
The Freq is different from City to City.

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
I just got to the same point. Looks like the files are in SQLite db format. I downloaded the database browser and can 'see' the data tables but have not put anything in as yet. I have not used the FM addon to set anything up so all the tables are empty. If you know SQL, you may want to download the browser or see what else is on the web to do what you want.

good luck and have fun

morfis

The Frequency Manager Suite does have an import function.
Have a look for "FMSuite.DataTools.exe" in the directory where you installed the suite. This has various import functions as well as an export.

From memory it was almost useless with generic files but I didn't try it with any other imports before binning the whole thing anyway.

JohnBrubaker

Yeah I made a csv file of the desired frequencies and imported with no luck. i am close to trashing it and just doing a broad spectrum search by frequency. I'm not exactly sure why this is not something addressed in a better manner. One should not have to have a degree in DB management to import a simple file of frequencies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
In SDR# its not possible right now i dont know why to import the own file.
I tried my self but not work...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There are two different plugins, frequency manager, and frequency manager + scanner. They do not use the same frequency database architecture, and do not communicate with each other in any way. The frequency manager + scanner uses a mySQL database, which you can open with 3rd-party utilities (including Microsoft Access if you can find an ODBC driver for mySQL), to edit, import, and export data.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If it can open or link to a mySQL database, then yes. If not, no.

morfis

There are two different plugins, frequency manager, and frequency manager + scanner. They do not use the same frequency database architecture, and do not communicate with each other in any way. The frequency manager + scanner uses a mySQL database, which you can open with 3rd-party utilities (including Microsoft Access if you can find an ODBC driver for mySQL), to edit, import, and export data.

The OP says he is using Frequency Manager Suite.....so he is using the one with the .db file for frequency info storage (and even mentions that it's the .db file he's tried to manipulate).
As I said, that comes with an executable for import and export.

Why confuse matters by even mentioning another plugin?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Because both plugins come with SDR# and have very similar names.

Status
Not open for further replies.