SDR Help

iowajm780

On SDR Trunk, how can I delete all systems and channels to start fresh?. I want it basically like if you were going to start from a new instance of SDR Trunk. It's frustrating to find YouTube videos of people walking the steps to importing a system either going too fast or somehow skipping a step. One person kept referring people to his website rather than showing or telling people how to do something while watching their YouTube video. I just want to start from scratch and figure what I am doing wrong. Is there a better how to setup guide out there?. This is something very new to me and I am a slow learner. The good news is if I should get this to work, seems pretty sweet to spend $60 to monitor a pain in rear simulcast system than having to buy a $600 scanner.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
Playlist editor, playlists select & delete

Or go to
C:\Users\yourusername\SDRTrunk\Playlist

Delete the .xml

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
You could also delete the C:\Users\yourusername\SDRTrunk folder, you would than need to recalibrate and build the JMBE library again , edit settings again

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
Not that I am looking to delete mine, but in beta 6 its greyed out.

View attachment 137819
Is the a channel running? I only used 6 long enough to get running with my rsp1a, went back to 5.1final, upped to 5.2 final, its been running about 2 days no hiccups.

So I guess the surest way is just to shut down sdrtrunk and go to the C:\Users\yourusername\SDRTrunk\Playlist

And delete the .xml

When I want a fresh start, I rename the
C:\Users\yourusername\SDRTrunk to

C:\Users\yourusername\Old1_SDRTrunk

Start sdrtrunk, adjust my settings, build jmbe, run the calibration, restart sdrtrunk, 🎶like a virgin🎶

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
No channels running. Tried both after shutting down channels, and on start up before starting channels. No biggie. I am not trying to delete this one but may be on another pc. Will just do the C:\Users\yourusername\SDRTrunk\Playlist delete method.

1678219169929.png

iowajm780

I have mostly figured it out. However I can't seem to filter out the talkgroups I only want to listen to. No matter what I do, they all get through. Tried to make an talkgroup range to filter only the ones I want. Weird thing it's playing talkgroups that are not even in the alias list. It would suck if I had to listen to every talkgroup even though I don't want to. I think only selecting the talkgroups you want to monitor is broken. Should check and see if they fix this in a new release.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I think only selecting the talkgroups you want to monitor is broken. Should check and see if they fix this in a new release.
What version are you running? Mine set to listen/mute works fine.

I can't seem to filter out the talkgroups I only want to listen to.
Filter out means to block what's not desired.
No matter what I do, they all get through.
Get thru means allowed.

Weird thing it's playing talkgroups that are not even in the alias list.
Do you have just talk groups in your list or did you add radio id's?

I have mine set up to listen to nothing and to record only what I am interested in.

1678233347420.png

And from the recording tab,

1678233417651.png

RMason

Premium Subscriber
However I can't seem to filter out the talkgroups I only want to listen to. No matter what I do, they all get through. Tried to make an talkgroup range to filter only the ones I want. Weird thing it's playing talkgroups that are not even in the alias list. It would suck if I had to listen to every talkgroup even though I don't want to.
See the following for tips with alias lists

iowajm780

It's definatly a bug. This thing is playing talkgroups that are not even in the list. I am trying to blacklist them but the talkgroup ID is for something totally different. What a pain. Probably should bite the bullet and get a SDS and toss these SDR's in the trash.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
It's definatly a bug. This thing is playing talkgroups that are not even in the list.

Not really seeing anyone else with this issue. If you downloaded the system into sdrt and made the alias list, when did you do that? Can you post a link to the system and post a few of these tg's that are not in the alias list? Its possible the tg's are not listed on radio reference which would make them unknown/new talk groups in sdrtrunk.

Last edited: