SDR# New install wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwiandy

Just downloaded SDR# and installed (including the .net runtime) and when I try to run SDR sharp, I get the Airspy logo on the screen for a few seconds, and then nothing.
I havent been able to find any dedicated SDR# wiki/help forums so thought I would try here.
I have deleted the C:\SDRSharp directory and reinstalled but nothing changes. Running Windows 10.
I have an AirspyR2 receiver connected if that makes any difference
CHeers
Andy

lonlywolf65

I do not own a airspy , I use a RTL V3 With my dongle I need to update the driver for the RTL... Not sure if this nees to be done for an Airspy?
My SDR sharp can take a bit of time...1 minute or so then it opens......

kiwiandy

I tried ADS-B Spy that was part of the same package, and that was running, and appeared to be receiving Aircraft data, so dont think its a driver issue?

morfis

Airpsy R2 is a standard USB device and doesn't need specific driver install (unlike the rtl devices).
The only time I recall the software failing to start in the way you describe was when I'd copied an installation but missed a plugin dll
I hadn't planned on using it with the second installation but did want another that I used. When I realised the initialisation line was still present in the plugins.xml and deleted that the software started ok.

So, is your sdrsharp a nice clean install or one that was prepackaged with a load of useless plugins? If the latter, check that all dlls match the initialisation lines that reference them.

kiwiandy

Thanks for your reply... on the download page ( SDR# and Airspy Downloads - airspy.com ) there are 2 options.... I chose the second one which says..
Community Package with Plugins

• Base Windows SDR Software Package (same as above)
and then goes on to list a whole bunch of plugins.

I did a clean install of this version
I will check the dlls listed in the plugins.xml file!

kiwiandy

Airpsy R2 is a standard USB device and doesn't need specific driver install (unlike the rtl devices).
The only time I recall the software failing to start in the way you describe was when I'd copied an installation but missed a plugin dll
I hadn't planned on using it with the second installation but did want another that I used. When I realised the initialisation line was still present in the plugins.xml and deleted that the software started ok.

So, is your sdrsharp a nice clean install or one that was prepackaged with a load of useless plugins? If the latter, check that all dlls match the initialisation lines that reference them.
ok Im pretty sure the Dlls have something to do with the problem, I deleted a whole bunch of lines in the plugins.xml file for DLLs that were not in the install directory, but it still didnt start.
So I renamed plugins.xml to another filename. When I tried to start again I got an error message, which i ignored and then it started up!

gizmo436

Hi KiwiAndy , try this one 9.64 MB file on MEGA unzip this in one folder and run it from there as admin...... i had same problem with the install sdrsharp , this works perfect for me .... again :just unzip and run from the unzipped folder.

morfis

ok Im pretty sure the Dlls have something to do with the problem, I deleted a whole bunch of lines in the plugins.xml file for DLLs that were not in the install directory, but it still didnt start.
So I renamed plugins.xml to another filename. When I tried to start again I got an error message, which i ignored and then it started up!

I would install the version without the extra plugins (and for choice V1700 not whatever is current) and then add any plugins that you need/want from their original archives. There is no advantage to having extra junk that you don't need...and clearly in this case there are disadvantages!

Whilst gizmo436 might be offering you a good download I would not be inclined to trust some random new user suggesting I download something and run it as administrator?

kiwiandy

Hi KiwiAndy , try this one 9.64 MB file on MEGA unzip this in one folder and run it from there as admin...... i had same problem with the install sdrsharp , this works perfect for me .... again :just unzip and run from the unzipped folder.
Thanks for the link, but it says the file is no longer available?

kiwiandy

I would install the version without the extra plugins (and for choice V1700 not whatever is current) and then add any plugins that you need/want from their original archives. There is no advantage to having extra junk that you don't need...and clearly in this case there are disadvantages!

Whilst gizmo436 might be offering you a good download I would not be inclined to trust some random new user suggesting I download something and run it as administrator?
ok thanks, good advice...

DRL-XM43

Thanks for your reply... on the download page ( SDR# and Airspy Downloads - airspy.com ) there are 2 options.... I chose the second one which says..
Community Package with Plugins

• Base Windows SDR Software Package (same as above)
and then goes on to list a whole bunch of plugins.

I did a clean install of this version
I will check the dlls listed in the plugins.xml file!

I tried that install - it was a disaster. Adding the plugs you actually need and using the un-skinned version worked nicely for me.

I actually have several folders with SDR# each set for a specific purpose - 2 with only the single plug for a specific purpose (as an example) saves having to customize bandwidth and even audio out source and so forth. Anyway good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.