SDR# Plug-in: Frequency Manager (FreqMan) updated

thewraith2008

This is an update (v1.1.1.0) to the Frequency Manager - FreqMan plug-in for SDR#.
TSSDR (Vasili) has given me the approval to update and release this plug-in.

Not sure how many people still use this plug-in but there has been some requests for it so here it is.

A large part of this update is to have to plug-in UI be more compatible with SDR# 1732+ (Telerik + dock control).
Other things where also done to improve the plug-in over all. (see changelog.txt)

This plug-in version adds/changes and fixes some items:
Code:
1.1.1.0 - Release

Changed: Further tweaking to the Telerik UI detection and controls handling.
- Some SDR# v1778+ themes were not 100% in the newer interface (for plug-in).

1.1.0.0 - Initial release (limited)

Updated the plug-in UI to work better with SDR# Telerik UI

Fix: If scan was pressed when there where no frequencies defined, a crash was seen.
- Message box will now be shown to alert user of the lack of entries.

Fix: When scanning, keep the tuned frequency entry in the visible area of frequency list.

Fix: Scanning: When paused on active frequency and 'next' button was pressed, it would halt (for 'Wait' time) before
               resuming scan. Now it will resume scan immediately.

Added: Label for number of entries for selected group.
- Shown to right of 'Delete' button.

Added: Option to enable the squelch when scan started.

Added: Active time to scan control window title.
- Will show when states are 'Play' and 'Wait' as [X s]

Added: Group [Duplicates]
- This group will show frequency duplicates in database.
  Tooltip will show: Group, Mode and bandwidth.
  If you delete a duplicate frequency from the database, the other frequency will be removed from duplicates list (as it is no longer a duplicate)

NOTES: If SDR# 'Slicer' is used, most of the plug-in functionally is disabled. (see changelog for more details)

NOTE: If any other plugin position is used other than 'Plugin panel'
- Normally if you close this window in SDR# 1778+, you will need to restart SDR#.
  Now the window will reopen automatically.

There is no PDF Documentation
- Usage is fairly straight forward to use.
- Some basic documentation is supplied within the archive.

see 'changelog.txt' for full listing and details of changes/fixes and new features.

As this is the initial release, there are bound to be bugs.
Please report issues here.

Download
NOTE: Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract files from the .7z file and read the .txt files for installation and usage of files with SDR#.

MD5 HASH: 15e0e370df4872c67f47382960c8b39c

thewraith2008

Closed, blue, in 1700
I don't understand what you mean.

What's wrong here?
LBP0P55.png

Latest version (v1.1.1.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

thewraith2008

This is an update (v1.1.2.0) to the Frequency Manager - FreqMan plug-in for SDR#.

A large part of this update is to have to plug-in UI be more compatible with SDR# 1732+ (Telerik + dock control).
Other things where also done to improve the plug-in over all. (see changelog.txt)

This plug-in version adds/changes and fixes some items:
Code:
1.1.2.0 - Release

Changed: Spectrum markers/labels
- Don't extend frequency markers past the top/bottom of frequency spectrum graticule.
- Don't draw labels past bottom of frequency spectrum graticule.

Changed: Spectrum/Waterfall labels
- Only when 'Only active' is NOT enabled, it will make colour of the VFO frequency label green and bold.
  This should help make the tuned frequency label stand out when a lot of labels are shown.

NOTE: When many frequency labels exist to display, it will get to a point where there will be no more room
       for labels and they will start to overwrite each other at bottom of spectrum/waterfall.
      Reducing font size may allow for more labels to show but still the overwriting may still occur.

Fixed: Squelch state restoration order was wrong

There is no PDF Documentation
- Usage is fairly straight forward to use.
- Some basic documentation is supplied within the archive.

see 'changelog.txt' for full listing and details of changes/fixes and new features.

Documentation has been created to help with it's installation and usage, please read it.
NOTE: Support is not guaranteed. Especially if the answers are contained in the documentation or on this forum.

Testing has mainly been done with SDR# 1784.
Very limited testing has been done with SDR# 1766.
Limited testing has been done with SDR# 1700.
NOTE: SDR# has been going through some changes (1732+) and it's new features may see this plug-in play up.

Please report issues here.

Download
NOTE: Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract files from the .7z file and read the .txt files for installation and usage of files with SDR#.

MD5 HASH: c7fc75d19b376ecff921a48ba6c7fd78

hamradionl

You change the active row TICK BOX color in 1700 and i understand this change is something to do with Telerik in 1784 (with i dont use).
Sorry i used 1700, so let pass my comment just notice the color change
Using very busy PMR channels, love the ACTIVE color label is shown, wonderful ..... THANKS... !
"Scan only enabled in manager" is that setting working?

Last edited:
Some comments to (maybe) slightly improve this already great update :

- When "track VFO" is ticked, the tuned frequency is highlighted. Fine.
But if passing the mouse over the frequency list, the last selected frequency is then highlighted and the other one disappears. Would it be possible to prevent this change from taking place ? (you could then immediately edit the tuned frequency, if necessary)

- Would it be possible to remove the mention 'MHz' after each frequency in the list ? When using a small screen, this takes up a space that would be better given to the wording of the station concerned. You could then specify in the header "Frequency (MHz)" for example.

- When you adjust the width of a column (to give more space to 'name' for example) and you exit SDR#, the change is not saved and the next time you start the program you will find the default column widths again.

Thanks.

BackHive67

Great improvements to my most used/favourite SDR# plugin of all time. Here are some suggestions...

1. I miss the horizontal and vertical lines on the frequency list, makes it easier to read, I'm hoping you might consider returning them :)
2. Consider making the height of the drop down list of frequency Groups match to the amount of Groups.. i.e. remove the need to scroll.
3. Any chance of adding ability to select a font for the frequency list ? Would be great to use a narrow font to save on space etc.
(I always place my frequency list to the right of the spectrum/waterfall display, (Main Screen Right) so the wider it is the less space for those).
4. Add a context (right click) menu to the frequency list itself (for each entry) for 'Delete' and 'Edit'.
5. Add a check box to turn on or off the frequency panel scrollbar hiding and un-hiding on mouse focus (I find this a little disconcerting).

These are just my suggestions. In the mean time, many thanks indeed for your work on this and other SDR# stuff, your time and effort is much appreciated.

Terry

thewraith2008

NOTICE
Applies to
: Frequency Manager (FreqMan) and Frequency Scanner and most likely other plug-ins I have adapted for themes.

I've come across a bug where SDR# throws an exception when the Windows 8 theme is used.
  • Only noticed if Windows 8 theme is the one started with and only if the offending plug-in window is open at start.

F6LUwBe.png

I have now fixed this for the next releases of Frequency Manager (FreqMan) and Frequency Scanner but other plug-ins will get done at some other time.

These themes are the bane of my existence.

Latest version (v1.1.2.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

hamradionl

Some comments to (maybe) slightly improve this already great update :
- Would it be possible to remove the mention 'MHz' after each frequency in the list ? When using a small screen, this takes up a space that would be better given to the wording of the station concerned. You could then specify in the header "Frequency (MHz)" for example.

Very good idea, please change next release !

morfis

Currently it appears that the unit is logically shown and reflects what is displayed quite correctly. Changing it to a header of "Frequency (MHz)" would make display of things like C-Band and L-Band illogical.

thewraith2008

@Sportg

This error has nothing to do with themes.

You have provided no information about your setup*.
How is SDR# and plug-in configured and what was occurring (in SDR#) when error was thrown and how often error is seen.
You also posted a partial incomplete error message. (not all that helpful)

*Setup:
Windows version: ?
SDR# version: 1784 (and was it installed with community edition)
Plug-in version: ?
Are other plug-ins installed in SDR#?

Release post here

hamradionl

Currently it appears that the unit is logically shown and reflects what is displayed quite correctly. Changing it to a header of "Frequency (MHz)" would make display of things like C-Band and L-Band illogical.
SDR# show Hz suggest to make is Hz :) C band/L band the DOT give idea 1500.00000 of 150.00000 or 1.50000 :)

Sportg

@Sportg

This error has nothing to do with themes.

You have provided no information about your setup*.
How is SDR# and plug-in configured and what was occurring (in SDR#) when error was thrown and how often error is seen.
You also posted a partial incomplete error message. (not all that helpful)

*Setup:
Windows version: ?
SDR# version: 1784 (and was it installed with community edition)
Plug-in version: ?
Are other plug-ins installed in SDR#?

Release post here

This error occurs when Sdrsharp is executed and if continue is selected it occurs again
The only way to work properly is to open the Freqman inbox as Dockable.
If the pulgin is minimised the error reappears.
Windows Version W10: Home 20H2 19042.685, 64 Bits
I have tried to have only this Pulgin and the error persists.
The bug with all versions of Freqman.
With SdrSharp version 1.00.1700 it works OK
I have tried to perform a clean installation and the error persists.

Thank you very much for your effort