SDR# Plug-in: Frequency Manager (FreqMan) updated

thewraith2008

One question, is there a way to sort the frequency list as display on the screen? I would like to be able to sort the list by frequency if possible. I guess I could be careful and edit the frequencies file, but .....
Just click the 'frequency' header to sort the listed frequencies in ascending or descending order.

The labels should display in order from top to bottom and left to right (with tuned VFO at top) in the frequency/waterfall spectrum regardless of order in list anyway I think.

Is there a 'Now Playing' setting for Frequency Manager when scanning?

I am streaming my audio via Zello to listen to while out and about.. I would like the current playing channel (Name and Frequency) to be loaded into a file, something that I can then work with using Powershell to send the now playing file text across to a web page. I do something similar with TTT and Tetra.
Sorry, missed your post.

No.
I guess it could be added, it's just I don't have time to sit down and do it.

Latest version (v1.1.9.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
NOTE: Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract files from the .7z file and read the .txt/.pdf files for installation and usage of files with SDR#.

ewijkamp

@thewraith2008

I was testing the Freqman plugin on SDR-Sharp vs19.20.
It works fine, even with 31000++ items in my Frequencies.xml file.
A thousand thanks for the plugin, appeciate it very very much.

In my SDR-Sharp layout I wanted to make another preselect zone with the Modepresets plugin.
That one shows max 10 items vertical.
I need many more items vertical, so I tried to change these items in the SDRSharp.config.file:
<add key="ModePresets.NumberPresetRows" value="10" />
<add key="ModePresets.NumberPresetColumns" value="5" />
but more than 10 doesn't work either.

Can you or someone else change it in the next version?
Would be nice to have 5 horizontal and 40 or more vertical.
Shall I start a new topic for this?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!

Attachments

• 2023-12-20_vs1920-1_test.png
    2023-12-20_vs1920-1_test.png
    336.8 KB · Views: 41

thewraith2008

With the plug-in panel the way it is, you would not be able to see any buttons that occupy more than the visible area of the panel.
While a vertical scrollbar could be used, this looks ugly in the Telerik SDR# UI.

I could probably increase the MAX row count but the MAX row count I could use on my displays were:
1920x1080 = 27 rows*
1920x1200 = 32 rows*

* May depend on font size used. (default is 8.25)

Shall I start a new topic for this?
This would have been better as your question was really about the Mode Presets plug-in.

@morfis
There is/was as testing version v1.0.1920 of SDR# which changed version of the .NET framework used to 8.
The topic got locked as it was focusing on issues with plug-ins and "somebody" didn't like it.

NOTE: Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract files from the .7z file and read the .txt/.pdf files for installation and usage of files with SDR#.

ewijkamp

@the Wraith
Thanks for your answer, then I keep it as it is: 50 presets is better than none ;-)
Also thank you for the other plugins that you've made or modified.

@morfis
The beta version I now use in my single version install is 1.0.0.1920 and dated 2023-01-07.
My single version install is the way that most users use it (unzip all files and put them in one directory) and seems to do the job.
I haven't used the Community Plugin Package yet, that makes it to a multi version install of SDR#.
.. but first I have to fix a new SSD in my laptop, the old one broke down this morning :( :cry:

CrewRest

Database Admin
I'm using 1.0.0.1919 with FreqScanner 2.2.13.0. When I'm scanning with "Scan All Save New" it will sometimes log as new Freg's that are already saved in FM 1.1.7.1. The AudioRecorder (not the original) will then record it as No Group when it has been assigned a group. What am I doing wrong?

thewraith2008

Check that the saved entries frequency (in the Frequency Manager) exactly matches what the VFO is landing on when scanning stops.

As a side note, if any entries are added or modified in the Frequency Manager while the Frequency Scanner or Audio Recorder is running, you will need to stop/start those plug-ins so they will use the newly update database. (Plug-ins generally work with a snapshot of the database)

CrewRest

Database Admin
Yes, the saved entries match exactly. And yes I regularly stop and restart the scan but I guess I also need to do the audio recorder as well.

thewraith2008

Seems both plug-ins are determining the same thing. The frequency is new/unknown.

Maybe try using the latest versions of Frequency Manager v1.1.9.0 and Frequency Scanner v2.4.3.0 plug-ins.
Beyond that, nothing else comes to mind as to what else it could be.

CrewRest

Database Admin
Seems both plug-ins are determining the same thing. The frequency is new/unknown.

Maybe try using the latest versions of Frequency Manager v1.1.9.0 and Frequency Scanner v2.4.3.0 plug-ins.
Beyond that, nothing else comes to mind as to what else it could be.

I would add that I am running to instances from the same folder but different ranges and different SDR'S

CrewRest

Database Admin
Solution! I updated to the most current versions of Frequency Scanner and Frequency Manager and the problem seems to have corrected itself. Thanks

nj3h

Hello The Wraith 2008,

I have enjoyed using FreqMan. However something came up today that I wanted to use this plugin for. I wanted to just double click on a station (freq) in the scan list and have that station become the current station. We'll that part works.

The problem is I want to do that in the FM broadcast band. However only AM and NFM are the only modes I can select when entering a frequency into the plugin. Without WFM as a mode, I cannot get stereo when jumping to a broadcast FM station. I tried NFM, with a 192 KHz bandwidth, but being NFM stereo is not possible.

Is there any way you can add WFM as a valid mode in the wonderful FreqMan plugin?

Thanks,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA

thewraith2008

The problem is I want to do that in the FM broadcast band. However only AM and NFM are the only modes I can select when entering a frequency into the plugin. Without WFM as a mode, I cannot get stereo when jumping to a broadcast FM station. I tried NFM, with a 192 KHz bandwidth, but being NFM stereo is not possible.

Is there any way you can add WFM as a valid mode in the wonderful FreqMan plugin?
When you add a frequency to the database, you should have already set the Mode(detectorType)=WFM and Bandwidth=192KHz in SDR#.
This will then store these settings for that entry that can be recalled when you double click it.

from documentation said:
* This is fixed (set when 'new' was opened) but double clicking the displayed mode will toggle it
between AM, NFM.
If you need a different mode to AM, NFM you will need to delete and create a new entry

Alternative to deleting and creating a new entry, you could manually edit the frequencies.xml file and edit each entries following line:
  • "<DetectorType>WFM</DetectorType>"
  • This must be one of the valid modes (e.g. AM, NFM, WFM)
If you do it this way, backup the frequencies.xml file first.

Latest version (v1.1.9.0) can be found here:
MEGA - Download

nj3h

When you add a frequency to the database, you should have already set the Mode(detectorType)=WFM and Bandwidth=192KHz in SDR#.
This will then store these settings for that entry that can be recalled when you double click it.

Alternative to deleting and creating a new entry, you could manually edit the frequencies.xml file and edit each entries following line:
  • "<DetectorType>WFM</DetectorType>"
  • This must be one of the valid modes (e.g. AM, NFM, WFM)
If you do it this way, backup the frequencies.xml file first.

Latest version (v1.1.9.0) can be found here:
MEGA - Download
Hello, TW2008,

Thank you for your prompt reply here. All worked just as you said and I am so glad that it was simple. I don't know why I didn't get anywhere last night. This is a great plugin and an absolute must for the SDR# software. All the best to you.

Regards,
George

ka5lug

Premium Subscriber
Frequency Scanner with HackRF:

I have used the SDR# Frequency scanner plugin for quite a while with the Airspy R2 with no issues - it just runs and runs and runs!

I recently decided to try it with my HackRF to take advantage of the extra bandwidth when scanning. It did double the scan rate ( all of the milair band in less than a second), but after about an hour it will hang. When it hangs, sometimes it will lock SDR# and other times it will cause SDR# to exit. I feel sure its related to the scanner plugin as it does not do this when just monitoring with the HackRF.

Does anyone else use a HackRF with the frequency scanner plugin and have you seen this issue? I am using the most current version of both SDR# and the Plugin. 2.4.4.0

Thanks!