SDR# SDR# Plug-in: Frequency Scanner Feedback & Suggestions

CrewRest

Database Admin
I'm running the latest version of both SDR# and Frequency Scanner. My question is about the Channel Analyzer. It appears to be functioning properly but I haven't found how to get Channel Labels to show up in the Analyzer Hit Line it just says ? - Unknown. I've read the documentation file but must be overlooking it. What am I missing? I do have the frequencies labeled in the Frequency Manager.

thewraith2008

Is the frequency stored in the frequency manager the same as the active frequency? (exactly)

When you mouse over the frequency in the channel analyzer, do you see the label shown there?

CrewRest

Database Admin
Is the frequency stored in the frequency manager the same as the active frequency? (exactly)

When you mouse over the frequency in the channel analyzer, do you see the label shown there?
Yes it is the same, but I think there is some kind of problem with the db. If I save it with the Frequency Manager v1.7.1 it shows up in the Analyzer but it doesn't show up in any of the other Freq Managers. Not the Manager+Scanner v2.2.1.0 SDR# Freq Manager. I thought they were all supposed to use the same database?

thewraith2008

The frequency database (frequencies.xml) compatibility is only between the standard Frequency Manager (built-in) and the FreqMan plug-ins.
The Frequency Scanner plug-in only uses this frequency database (frequencies.xml).

Any other frequency managers that exist are not supported.

Using a fresh install of SDR# v1904 with the standard Frequency Manager and the Frequency Scanner.
  • Copying an existing frequencies.xml shows up in the Frequency Manager (built-in plug-in).
  • When the scanner stops on an active frequency, the expected name shows in the channel analyzer.
  • When mouseover the channel analyzer, the expected name shows.
Using a fresh install of SDR# v1904 with the FreqMan plug-in and the Frequency Scanner.
  • Same result as above.

CrewRest

Database Admin
The frequency database (frequencies.xml) compatibility is only between the standard Frequency Manager (built-in) and the FreqMan plug-ins.
The Frequency Scanner plug-in only uses this frequency database (frequencies.xml).

Any other frequency managers that exist are not supported.

Using a fresh install of SDR# v1904 with the standard Frequency Manager and the Frequency Scanner.
  • Copying an existing frequencies.xml shows up in the Frequency Manager (built-in plug-in).
  • When the scanner stops on an active frequency, the expected name shows in the channel analyzer.
  • When mouseover the channel analyzer, the expected name shows.
Using a fresh install of SDR# v1904 with the FreqMan plug-in and the Frequency Scanner.
  • Same result as above.
Thanks! I did a fresh install and every thing seems to be working!