SDR Police Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vraho10

Hi,
I am trying to use a R820T SDR &DVB-T SDR to receive police in my area.
The software I am trying to use is SDR#

Problem: I cannot receive police/fire. I can get FM Radio 100.1Mhz. When I switch it to police/fire all it get is static. I have a scanner net to it that can receive so I know that they are transmitting I just can't figure out why the SDR is not able to receive police/fire.

Thanks

kma371

QRT
Hi,
I am trying to use a R820T SDR &DVB-T SDR to receive police in my area.
The software I am trying to use is SDR#

Problem: I cannot receive police/fire. I can get FM Radio 100.1Mhz. When I switch it to police/fire all it get is static. I have a scanner net to it that can receive so I know that they are transmitting I just can't figure out why the SDR is not able to receive police/fire.

Thanks

Make sure when you switch from 100.1 WFM, you change the modulation back to NFM to listen to the police/fire freq. That might be the issue

vraho10

Make sure when you switch from 100.1 WFM, you change the modulation back to NFM to listen to the police/fire freq. That might be the issue

Alright, That fixed the problem (Switching it from WFM to NFM) but. When I try to receive police on 460.125 according to the SDR I am on 460.102.500 Mhz. I think their might be somethings about shift but I din't know. Is their any thing wrong or is it just the way it is?

BaofengScanner

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Alright, That fixed the problem (Switching it from WFM to NFM) but. When I try to receive police on 460.125 according to the SDR I am on 460.102.500 Mhz. I think their might be somethings about shift but I din't know. Is their any thing wrong or is it just the way it is?

Yeah RTLs tend to be a bit off frequency just click the gear icon and adjust it til it's exactly on frequency. I prefer to sync of a narrow signal like a NOAA weather station or HAM radio if your licensed or can get someone who is to do test transmissions for you. Had to shift mine about +46ppm to get it precise. Works perfect now.

BaofengScanner

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
but No.1 you need an good Antenna for the frequency.

Oh yeah and coax. When I first got mine I played with the mag mount antenna and the coax had no shielding at all, I called it RGzero. Had to hang the entire thing verticle and use it as a random wire to receive anything. Now I have it connected to a my monobanders for most frequencies and lmr600 ran through a switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.