SDR Sharp and Frequency Manager XML file

Status
Not open for further replies.

daratt

Hi Folks

I have the SDR# frequency manager plugin which has the scan tick boxes and works fine at present with the groups I have setup. I wish to create a group of frequencies for lets say...

450.0000 to 450.9875 MHz in 12.5KHz increments, another group for 451.0000 to 451.9875 MHz and so on and so on - effectively creating a scan bank like on a hardware scanner. Entering a small amount of frequencies into groups can be time consuming so imagine 80 frequencies for the groups I wish to create.

My question is...

1. is there a way make an Excel with all the syntax of a frequencies.xml file
  2. increment the cells containing the frequencies by 0.0125KHz (which is the easy part using formulas)
  3. and finally, export it as XML which SDR# can read?
Thanks in advance.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I wish to create a group of frequencies for lets say...

450.0000 to 450.9875 MHz in 12.5KHz increments, another group for 451.0000 to 451.9875 MHz and so on and so on

That is actually a frequency range.

My question is...
  1. is there a way make an Excel with all the syntax of a frequencies.xml file
  2. increment the cells containing the frequencies by 0.0125KHz (which is the easy part using formulas)
  3. and finally, export it as XML which SDR# can read?

Why not just use sdr# frequency scanner plug in?

Click on it, then hit edit scan ranges, and enter all your ranges with the steps you wish. It creates an xml file called scanner_entryes.xml in the sdr# folder

I have many ranges set up. It also lets you select more than one to scan or any combination you wish.. I normally scan 758 - 788 mhz and 849 - 868 mhz at the same time.

daratt

Thanks for the suggestion but I could never get that plug in to run successfully. I currently run SDR# 1708 - do you have a link to the plugin that you use or upload it somewhere? I could give it another go maybe.

With the frequency manager/scan plugin you can exclude a frequency by unchecking the tickbox which is useful when it comes to frequencies with constant carriers on them.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Having sold my airspy recently I can't easily verify my information. I seem to recall a built-in frequency scanner part of the limited manager supplied with SDR# along the lines of what dave.... suggested. Or try the supplied link which has a number of other useful plug-ins plus the one you are looking for. Link comes from the Airspy download page near the bottom under the authors name Jeff Knapp.
Good Luck!

P.S. I see he already referenced Jeff Knapp's application suite by the "Frequency Scanner*". I believe the "*" is an indication of third party plug-ins. My bad... If it doesn't run sometimes it mismatch between 32-bit and 64-bit applications. Another issue is MS Framework version if I have the name correct.

Frequency Manager Suite

Last edited:

BM82557

Thanks for the suggestion but I could never get that plug in to run successfully. I currently run SDR# 1708 - do you have a link to the plugin that you use or upload it somewhere? I could give it another go maybe.

With the frequency manager/scan plugin you can exclude a frequency by unchecking the tickbox which is useful when it comes to frequencies with constant carriers on them.

See post # 12 in this thread for a link - SDR# - SDR SHARP V 1.0.0.170 @ Frequency Scanner

DRL-XM43

I have 1708 and the plugin works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.