SDR Sharp Auto Start Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know of a way to retain the settings in SDR Sharp so it can be auto started in the event of a computer reboot? I'm using one to feed TTD and would like to add a bit of redundancy.

N0IU

1) Click the Start button, click All Programs, right-click the Startup folder, and then click Open.

2) Open the location that contains the item to which you want to create a shortcut.

3) Right-click the item, and then click Create Shortcut. The new shortcut appears in the same location as the original item.

4) Drag the shortcut into the Startup folder.

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
I think he also wants it to start the SDR. Not just open

1) Click the Start button, click All Programs, right-click the Startup folder, and then click Open.

2) Open the location that contains the item to which you want to create a shortcut.

3) Right-click the item, and then click Create Shortcut. The new shortcut appears in the same location as the original item.

4) Drag the shortcut into the Startup folder.

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
One option would be to try using the rtl_fm command line program. You can put a shortcut or script with the parameters you need in the start up folder.

phillydjdan

Has anyone had any success with this?

RoseCity,
Can you elaborate more on how to try your idea? I could try it later this evening and post my results.

Sent using Android ForumReader app

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
Has anyone had any success with this?

RoseCity,
Can you elaborate more on how to try your idea? I could try it later this evening and post my results.

Sent using Android ForumReader app

There is a command line program named rtl_fm that comes with I believe this download: RelWithDebInfo.zip on rtl-sdr

You can use it to tune the dongle to a specific frequency, etc. Once you know the parameters you want to use with the program, you can create a shortcut with those parameters in your Start Up folder.

See:
rtl-sdr
Rtl_fm Guide: Updates for rtl_fm overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.